Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must be made of money.

Comment

Nope, I work at a school (a charter school at that), so you know I ain't rich, lol. Y'all make more money that I do, for sure. I just control all my own expenses exactly as I see fit, so I get to buy the toys that I want.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
      Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Comment

So what machine are you gonna get?

Comment

Thinking of getting an HTP ProPulse 200. I had to put my name on their waiting list as every single shipment gets sold out before it hits the US shores!
          Last edited by OscarJr; 11-16-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I have seen that machine only online. Looks pretty fancy. Synergetic pulse...whatever the **** that is....all sorts of preinstalled settings. Supposed to weld aluminum pretty nice.

Comment

I'll probable get flamed, I do own a 211 and Hypertherm 45 but the new HF units intrigue me. I kinda crapped when I was in there and seen them. The youtube reviews are kinda impressive along with the HTP's

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

Well not really. Strictly hobbyist here, and the machine still works. Not a huge deal. I'll just buy another MIG. Easy solution.
                Good to know

Comment

Oscar,

I am curious have you tried running a roll of Hobart Brothers .030 HB-28 on your 211 ? The reason I ask, is because .030 HB-28 has turned out to be the nicest running .030 wire I've tried on my Multimatic 215, and based on the You Tube videos I've seen on the inverter based 211, the 215 and 211 have very similar if not identical short arc characteristics.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    Oscar,

I am curious have you tried running a roll of Hobart Brothers .030 HB-28 on your 211 ? The reason I ask, is because .030 HB-28 has turned out to be the nicest running .030 wire I've tried on my Multimatic 215, and based on the You Tube videos I've seen on the inverter based 211, the 215 and 211 have very similar if not identical short arc characteristics.
                    Danny, no I have not tried that wire. I still have 3 10-lb spools of 0.023", 0.030", & 0.035" wire that I need to finish before I contemplate buying more wire. These spools are some chinese-off-brand-private-label wire kind of thing, but even then, they run pretty good. Come to think of it, yes I have tried that Hobart wire! LOL. I just remembered the machine came with a roll of it and used it up first. I've also used HTP wire in the 211 we have at my work, and from what I can tell, it runs OK as well. I haven't tried many different wires as you can tell, but in my mind's eye I compare it to the welds laid down by weldors like Jody from Welding Tips & Tricks, and what not. Seems to run OK, even though some don't like it at all.

Comment

Looks like I dodged a bullet (so far, anyway) - used my new mm211 for the first time yesterday tacking/welding out a "handtruck on steroids" cart for the welder - remembered your drive roll woes and checked mine - runs straight as a die with normal roll pressure. Knocking on wood.... Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X