Miller 350P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 350P

Does anyone know if its possible to run flux core with this machine? Its a pulse machine and the shop guy says hes never tried it and im going to the shop for the winter and i sure do love my flux core

350-P will run flux core. I’m assuming you mean dual-shield flux core. Ran tons of it with my 350-P. Will be no benefit to weld dual-shield in pulse mode. Switch to straight mig for dual-shield.

Comment

I was actually asking about self shielded flux core. So imagine its a no go for self shieldedÂ*

Comment

No reason you couldn’t. You would just need to switch polarity manually.
        Flux core is smoky for in shop.
        Did you ever try dual shield?
        If not give it a try, it runs much better than flux core and is shop friendly.
        I run it all day when on road welding. On my 5th roll in the last month of so. Last week or so weather bad, very windy and rain, little snow this morning. Rained all day today, was under canopy running dual shield. Have roll flux core in trailer but have not opened it in well over a year. Pretty awesome wire.

Comment

I used to run it daily in a shop about 5 years ago and then about a month ago i tried to run it but didnt do so good with it. It was 045 and i was running 1/16th back then im not sure if the size makes that much difference. Ironworking ive got so used to stick and self shielded flux core and the wire we run is big wire up to and mostly 5/64th and 7/64th im trying to get back to being comfortable with all processes but always end up with a stick stinger in my hand

Comment

Understand
            Have to go with what works best

Comment

Swap polarity and do it. Machine doesn't care.

Comment

Working...
              X