Arcair slice pak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcair slice pak

Just got a kent moore arcair slice pak, (older but never used), on a deal. Has a pack of rods, complete set.
    aside from the obvious noisy, messy, crudimentary way of cutting/gouging... I figured it would be a good addition to the the ol' aead200le on the truck for field work.
    Any veterans with any advice on this setup?

Don’t think your machine is big enough to handle that.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't get a manual with it and don't really know power requirements but this one is supposed to run off a car battery I guess.

Comment

Does this use hollow rods hooked up to Oxy bottle?

Comment

Sorry thought you meant standard Air Arc.
          Yes your welder will work. In fact any welder will work also can use or start with battery from truck. But works better with welder.
          You hook up to standard Oxy bottle and only use welder to inititate the burn of the cutting rod add Oxy and off you go.
          I hv one of different manufacturer, it will cut through almost anything!! Very messy, loud, hot. I Don’t use it for standard gouging but mostly use it for large seized pins you can’t get out. That thing will bore a 3/8” to 1/2” hole long ways straight through a 12” Long pin. Let cool and drive out. Works awesome for things like that.

Comment

Any pics of that air arc ?

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not able to upload any pictures, but yes it takes the hollow rods. It's been sitting in a case for 30 years and never been used. Price was right and after some education from YouTube University, I really don't think the ole boy knew what he gave me.
              I've never heard of exothermic cutting till I started researching this thing and all I can think of is the times it would have been nice to have. With that being said, I'm really after advice/tips on the do's and don't with it. Looks simple enough to use I suppose...

Comment

Good score. There are plenty of Youtube videos on those. Practice on scrap and have fun. ESAB are the parent company now. http://www.esabna.com/us/en/products...hoCue4QAvD_BwE

Comment

Working...
                X