Maybe I should have charged rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I should have charged rent

Well I was aggravated looking at the rusted paint on the Dialarc I recently purchased grumbling to myself how could anyone let a piece of equipment get into this kind of condition. So I removed the hood and side panels and found that apparently Mickey's cousin had taken up residence. I spent two hours with a light going over every wire looking for little teeth marks but everything checked out ok. Proceeded to vacuum and blow out all the body shop dust and got her all squared away. Panels were stripped sanded and painted will put it all back together tomorrow

Painted Miller blue or...
    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
      Painted Miller blue or...
      As close to Miller blue as I could get, found the decals on ebay. was contemplated throwing them in the truck and running them down to my buddy's powder coating shop and had to slap myself back into reality

Comment

Man, I sure wish Miller would fix the picture issue on this forum. I can tell it's blue, but that's about it.

Comment

Mice are pretty darn invasive --- moth balls (and most other "home" recipes) don't work. About the only cure all is your common black snake. I typically shoot, run over the copperheads, cottonmouths, rattlesnakes I encounter (I carry side arms in all the tractor tool boxes), but leave the black, rat, water snakes, etc alone to do their job.

I've had mixed results with powder coating -- for the stuff I do I just don't have ovens that large. On the conventional front, I've been using the 3M Accu-Spray stuff lately -- outstanding, clean up is simple, fast.
          ESAB TIG 252 with Miller CoolMate
          Spectrum 875
          Diversion 180
          Oxy-A (Harris, ESAB, Ox Weld)
          Miller 252
          MM 211
          CST 280
          Trailblazer - Kubota

http://www.blackdiamondblooms.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            Man, I sure wish Miller would fix the picture issue on this forum. I can tell it's blue, but that's about it.
            The color is clearly off. I've been using Sherwin Williams automotive paints lately -- perhaps Mr. Miller needs to check with Mr. Sherwin to get it right.
            ESAB TIG 252 with Miller CoolMate
            Spectrum 875
            Diversion 180
            Oxy-A (Harris, ESAB, Ox Weld)
            Miller 252
            MM 211
            CST 280
            Trailblazer - Kubota

http://www.blackdiamondblooms.com/

Comment

The color is Rustoleum blue, looked close to Miller blue and Ford corporate blue but a bit brighter I did find someone on eBay selling "miller Blue" paint but who knows if it really was. I didn't feel like busting out the spray guns and buying a can of ready mixed enamel or searching out my paint cabinet for a leftover auto paint, a metallic tig welder is just a bit much, maybe I'll add some custom hand pinstriping after the decals go on. Anything is better that the rusted covers. Only reason I considered powder coating is my friend is the best I've ever seen and gives me the good buddy discount but that being said unless you take out every single ding and dent it looks like crap. This thing had a caved in corner on both the welder and the cooling unit, which baffles me how people can abuse their equipment. As far as the mice go Fred the shop cat used to take care of them but I think he's moved on to shack up with the female next door.

Comment

I hate painting. Rather fire a tig arc through my thumb. I'll live with the rust. Gives it character anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  I hate painting. Rather fire a tig arc through my thumb. I'll live with the rust. Gives it character anyway.
                  I hate it too
                  Richard

Comment

I love it.
                    Just don't have that kind of time.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300
                    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                    X