bobcat 225nt wire doesn't run right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobcat 225nt wire doesn't run right

I have s bobcat 225 nt with a s-32p on the wire setting and in cv mode the voltage at high idle is 28.5 at 10 24.5 at 1 . Doesn't seem to put doen the wire im using Lincoln electric 71a85 .045 ultracore. Bobcat serial number is kj029730 please help.

Originally posted by Guesswho392 View Post
    ...Doesn't seem to put doen the wire...
    What does that mean, even assuming you meant "put down the wire?"

Did it work previously? Did it work with a different wire? What is different between now and the last time it did what it was supposed to do?

Comment

yes i ment put down the wire lol. I haven't used the wire settings until the last month or so. i does seem less than it was doing when i first switched to fcaw-g box says run it on positive. weld seems to get hotter an inch up on a 3/8 or so weld smoking hot 3 inches up on a 6 inch vertical. cc mode same way. almost have to stop so hot but starts cold

Comment

How does it run with solid wire? Bob
        Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

never ran solid wire through it. just different grades of dual shield wire 71a75 and 71a85 on 75-25 and 85 -15 gas. when it runs. dual shield is supposed to have that hiss but sounds like frying eggs

Comment

never ran solid wire through it. just different grades of dual shield wire 71a75 and 71a85 on 75-25 and 85 -15 gas. when it runs. dual shield is supposed to have that hiss but sounds like frying eggs
            How does the weld look? Smooth?...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

in the flat position yes the whole weave is smooth. when i went vertical a few weeks ago the welds were Smooth and blended in well no problems

Comment

i tried to add pictures but wouldn't let me

Comment

That's par around here amigo.

Comment

in the flat position yes the whole weave is smooth. when i went vertical a few weeks ago the welds were Smooth and blended in well no problems
                    So then the problem is? If the welds look good or it is just because it sounds funny?...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Comment

Same settings as a few weeks ago only now it's got slightly more penetration than spatter bb's

Comment

or starts so cold it has unburned wire sticking out then smoking hot 3 inches up. excessive spatter to. checked all cables and connections and all the one's in the feeder

Comment

typical a36 steel

Comment

Working...
                          X