Dynasty 280dx software revisions/upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 280dx software revisions/upgrades

I have a dynasty 280dx tigrunner I bought in November of '16.

While surfing the Miller site the other day I see there is a software update available for download. It offers some fix or upgrade. It is dated August '17.

Question is....How important is it to do these upgrades? I use the machine often and it performs flawlessly for what I do (aluminum welding repairs and skeg repairs on boats).

I am hesitant to install the upgrade for two reasons. 1st, I am not computer literate, I would have to get someone with more knowledge than I to download and put on a sd card, i do not even know what an sd card is. 2nd, and more importantly, I am a big believer in don't fix what isn't broke. This machine will have paid for itself and more by Nov of this year.

Do any of you with this machine do these upgrades? Any issues with installing them?

I worry that if I do the upgrade and something isn't right it will take the machine down for some length of time and that would be a drag, and possibly costly.

Thanks in advance for any time spent answering.

I'm in your camp, I don't update anything unless there is something wrong with it or it makes me. That goes for computers, phones, electronics and whatever else has a built in confuser.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      I'm in your camp, I don't update anything unless there is something wrong with it or it makes me. That goes for computers, phones, electronics and whatever else has a built in confuser.
      Thanks for the quick reply. Do you own a welding machine that takes upgrades? If so, It's nice to see that others think like I am.

Comment

I wonder if it is safe to assume that if it was super important Miller would contact me directly somehow as I bought from an authorized local Miller dealer and they have all my info...

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          ...I don't update anything unless there is something wrong with it or it makes me. ....
          Ditto.

Comment

Pretty much everything with a confuser in it has some sort of firmware or software that can be updated, but I'll never know what needs an upgrade because I'm not gonna check.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakedaawg View Post
              as I bought from an authorized local Miller dealer and they have all my info...
              And all of that info is in a big box on a shelf in the back room. Trust me I have seen it...Bob
              Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Even my new truck downloads and installs updates automatically. Scary stuff.

Comment

Find a way to turn that hokey pokey off.

Comment

if you're connected, someone can exploit
                    Richard

Comment

Working...
                    X