Miller blue star 2e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller blue star 2e

I have a blue star 2E with the Tecumseh oh160 motor, my problem is if I leave the welder sitting for a week or more I have to pull the carburetor and completely disassemble it for the machine to run. What can I do to avoid having to do this?

Do you use a fuel stabilizer? I wouldn't expect a week to make the difference, but I'm not an expert on engines; maybe small ones are more susceptible?

Is it just a starting issue, maybe, because of something? What about starting fluid? Will it run after it starts with something like that?

Comment

My lawn mower is like that. Try adding something like fuel medic, sea foam or star tron to the fuel, let it run for about 10 minutes and shut it down. Let is soak a while and see if it runs better. That's how I've been avoiding rebuilding the carb for the last few years.

Comment

No, I haven't been running any fuel stabilizer, what seems to happen is that the float needle gets stuck and I have to spray a bunch of carb cleaner in it. It seems like it's not getting fuel into the bowl. If I run it every day it worrks fine, but sitting for a week or so I have to pull the carb apart

Comment

Originally posted by Glass View Post
          No, I haven't been running any fuel stabilizer, what seems to happen is that the float needle gets stuck
          BINGO. The gas is turning to varnish and sticking up the parts that are supposed to be moving..Bob
          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Try cleaning the needle and seat or replace it ethenol gas only has a one month shelf life at the most run a new inline filter also like the other guys said run stable of sum sort .
            when i re build a carb I flip it upside down a few times to make sure I hear the float moving properly make sure carb is clean clean and the float is centered and not hanging up

Comment

Rebuild kits are available for the carb. They Are inexpensive and come with everything you need to have a good working carb again. The carb is a Walbro LMH model. I ran 87 ethanol gas in my 2E with no issues.
              Lincoln Idealarc 250
              Miller Bobcat 250
              Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
              Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Float height is not adjustable on these carbs. It's set as is.
                I also installed an inline fuel filter on my 2E
                Lincoln Idealarc 250
                Miller Bobcat 250
                Torchmate CNC table

Comment

If I need to replace the carb where would I find one at? The machine has a walbro whg-17a3488 carb on it. I found that it's obsolete but there has to be a replacement for it.

Comment

Try pats small engine or evilbay for the oh160 carb a good rebuild kit and cleaning should get you on track .

Comment

A rebuild kit will be way cheaper than a new carb. For one of my small engines, the kit was $30-ish. A new carb was something like $180. They're small. Not hard to rebuild. Not much in there.

Comment

All it needs is a rebuild kit. No need for a new carb. The rebuild kits are still available.
                        There are a couple different kits available. The basic kit will include the needle, needle jet/seat, float pin, spring, bowl gasket , carb to engine gasket and possibly O ring. The next kit up will also include a new float. With these parts, the carb will have all new components and will operate like it was new.
                        Last edited by snoeproe; 10-14-2017, 09:03 PM.
                        Lincoln Idealarc 250
                        Miller Bobcat 250
                        Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Working...
                        X