Roughneck 1e wiring placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughneck 1e wiring placement

Hello everyone I have a few issues that I need some help with I have a miller roughneck 1e manual start, that has been converted over to a 12 volt coil, nothing is hooked up from the flywheel, the engine runs, my problem is that the wires on weld power switch are unhooked, as well as the rheostat, slip rings and pulse wire I need help with the placement of these wires and if it will work with it running on 12 volt coil as it is do i need the magneto on the flywheel for the pulse wire or can that go to 12 volts on the coil? Serial number is R390801 old model with k301 engine again it's a manual start model any help would be appreciated thank you

12 volts to the ignition coil should be fine if it has a ballist resistor inline or your coil has a internal ballast resistor already if you don't go go napa and get a automotive coil with internal ballist resistor and should be fine or else you'll burn up your coil .
    I'm assuming your k 301 has a external coil on the engine shroud?
    Also go to miller manuals and type in your make and find your serial # for your machine and download your manual your wiring diagram will be in there make sure the engine runs well carb cleaned points plug etc...

Comment

Pulse wire is #9 to your coil were you running the engi

Comment

​ Were you running the engine with a external coil ?

Comment

Once again can't size the pics right on this site !

Comment

Yes the coil has an internal resistor I just need to figure out the wiring on the power/weld switch rheostat and pulse wire

Comment

I have downloaded the schematic for the wiring diagram I just can't figure out which goes where on the weld/power switch and which ones go to rheostat it's not specific to me that is

Comment

And the wires to slip rings as well been unhooked

Comment

Maybe someone with your machine could take a look at theirs and tell you wire position or one of the techs may have more info .
                  Another source is miller tech support for engine drives they are great to help trouble shoot .

Comment

Working...
                  X