Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you prefer to use 0.6mm or 0.8 mm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you prefer to use 0.6mm or 0.8 mm


    Hello everybody ,today decided to switch 0.6 mm steel wire, I have found out there is big difference when I used the 0.6 mm compared to the 0.8 mm. the 0.8 mm is little the beads are thicker or bigger than the 0.6mm so my question to you
    What do you prefer the 0.6 mm or the 0.8 mm.?
    And where do you normally use 0.6 mm when it is comes to do a project.
    Thank you guys

  • #2
    0.6 mm (.025) for sheet metal and 0.8 mm (.030) for everything else is how I use it. But that's just me...Bob
    Bob Wright

    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

    Comment


    • #3
      yes good thank you I think it is ok to used it for square tube like 1.5 mm or 1 mm can do that i think

      Comment


      • #4
        Not surprisingly, I prefer .023" wire for sheet metal and thinwall tubing, and .030" for most other stuff up to 3/16", which is most of my projects. But depending on the length of the job, what machine is handy at the time, and WHAT WIRE IS ALREADY IN THE MACHINE, most jobs can be done with any wire. Biggest solid wire I've used is .045" in my remote feeders from my Trailblazer or PowCon. Most of those jobs were 3/8" - 1/2". I've used that wire on sheet metal. It was kind of a PITA.

        If you have the right gas, and a big enough machine, you can spray arc. The thinner wires will help if the machine is marginal. I have one machine that will spray only with .023".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

          If you have the right gas, and a big enough machine, you can spray arc. The thinner wires will help if the machine is marginal. I have one machine that will spray only with .023".
          He has MM211..Bob
          Bob Wright

          Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            ...depending on the length of the job, what machine is handy at the time, and WHAT WIRE IS ALREADY IN THE MACHINE, most jobs can be done with any wire. ...
            Interestingly enough, my HH210 ran out of .030" wire in middle of my project this afternoon. I grabbed another spool and then had a light bulb.

            I shoved its cart off to the side, and brought over the Lincoln and finished with .035". That was way faster than reloading the Hobart. Now, the Hobart can get whatever wire the next job needs, unless the Lincoln is just really handy again!

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, the first problem is you're using sillymeter wire. Use the standard wire, all sizes of it run better.
              Ryan
              __________________________________________________
              DYNASTY 350 w/Wireless pedal
              COOLMATE 3.5
              CK WF1
              MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
              MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
              SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
              (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
              Weld-Mask goggles/hood
              OPTREL e684 helmet
              SMITH torches
              HARRIS torches

              Comment


              • #8
                Ha ha. I figured if he wanted to ask arrogant Americans, I'd go ahead and put my answer in real units and make him do the conversions.

                "The Metric System never put a man on the Moon!" my dad would always say.

                Actually, Americans are the real losers. Our tool boxes are twice as heavy now with two systems for every socket set...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Most wire is marked in MM and thousands of an inch as well as the contact tips. Esp the off brand stuff...Bob
                  Bob Wright

                  Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                  http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I didn't say the conversion had any math involved!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                      Ha ha. I figured if he wanted to ask arrogant Americans, I'd go ahead and put my answer in real units and make him do the conversions.

                      "The Metric System never put a man on the Moon!" my dad would always say.

                      Actually, Americans are the real losers. Our tool boxes are twice as heavy now with two systems for every socket set...
                      sir I do not mean to make upset but it is written on the real 0.6mm, but i have used it i do not know if i like it or not I like the the other size. thank you

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sorry if I was not clear that we are just poking fun, at ourselves...

                        We may be disadvantaged, but we are used to it.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X