Bobcat 225

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 225

I have an older bobcat 225 -it has been sitting outside for several year before I brought it back to life -it only has approx 1100hrs-motor runs fine -I can weld in low gear and high gear but will not strike an arc on 70-150 -switch shows good conductivity on each setting-need help !!

Pretty sure you have a bad selector switch. Ohmmeter continuity is no guarantee you have a good enough connection to carry weld current. Any way you could safely bypass those switch contacts with a good heavyduty jumper cable?

Comment

Thanks for the advice -I have some 1.0 cable and I will try to bypass the switch setting .

Comment

how'd that work out for you? grew up with a 225, bit certified with a bobcat 250. and we have the old one at my shop. would definitely like to know where you started with getting it up and running. and how it's doing for you.

Comment

I tried the jumper wire and it didnít work . Going to try something different. I work for a pipeline company and the unit came off one of the field hands truck .It had been sitting in the yard for 2years before I took a chance and bought the unit (wife thought I was crazy).I opened up the Kolher engine and found it had a drop valve and bad fuel pump . The Kolher engine parts are easy to find and very affordable. I have the engine running fine and now Iím trying to repair the welder side of the 225 .

Comment

Please post your serial number.

Comment

Lf049066

Comment

Working...
              X