• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Specifications

Richard

Pipe spectacles LOL
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Funny! The couplings thread part is actually backwards though. It takes the special mixed coupling of left and right threads to not screw off one as it screws on to the other. Or did I read it wrong three times?

Comment

But if your threaded couplings are on left handed 90 elbows you have to use a combination of left and right hand threads, in the correct and descending order, or it will result in pipe elbow inversion. And we all know what pipe elbow inversion leads to....

Comment

Great stuff! I like the description of how the hole is kept in the inside! Mac, the thread thing is correct as written. Think on it. You had me going on that for a minute. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
            ...Mac, the thread thing is correct as written. Think on it. You had me going on that for a minute. :-)
            No, I'm doubling down on this one. They even make these couplings special for when you have to join two pipes coming at each other in the middle of a job. If I forgot to take my anti-stupid pill this morning, you'll have to help me.

https://www.plumbingsupply.com/leftright.html

Comment

Got it! You are absolutely correct. I was thinking about standard runs such as screwing two loose lengths of pipe together in the normal manner; all threads are right handed. However, having to work in the middle of a run, such as where you might cut a pipe for a repair and would typically use a union to reconnect, you are absolutely correct. If you can't use a union for some reason, there would be no other way than to use the fitting in your link.

Another example of why I love the interactions with all the smart people on this site. You can learn something new almost every day. Thanks!

Comment

I reward you both with an extra bar.

Comment

....but you and I can't handle any more!

...hijack alert....
                  How's it going down there? Water? Other services? Has to be a huge recovery effort

Comment

Everything is getting back to normal. The water has gone down to pretty much where it's supposed to be. A lot of infrastructure repairs are needed, but overall, recovering well.

Comment

Good to hear!

Griff

Comment

Very good. Nice to have that over with! Just a lot of losses.
                        Last edited by Aeronca41; 10-01-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

A LOT of losses. I was spared by mere inches. I'm quite surprised at the lack of "victim hood" from this. Seems like people are reaching up, finding those boot straps and choochin along. Quite unlike the aftermath from hurricane Katrina. Sparks a little light in darkness of what's left of the faith I have in humanity these days.

Comment

Thanks, Ryan. News like that made my day. Everything the media publishes is just one downer after another.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                              ...I'm quite surprised at the lack of "victim hood" from this. Seems like people are reaching up, finding those boot straps and choochin along. Quite unlike the aftermath from hurricane Katrina. ...
                              I wonder if the difference in federal government involvement has anything to do with that. That, and Florida doesn't illegally disarm its residents after such things...

Comment

Working...
                              X