Flowmeter questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmeter questions

A couple of flowmeter questions, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced flow meter? Not looking to break the bank but not looking for Harbor Freight junk either. Also is there such thing as a straight Argon regulator/flowmeter or is an Argon/CO2 regulator suitable?

Usaweld.com

HTP flow meters are a great bargain.

Comment

USAWeld.com, which is the website for HTP has the best deal I've found. Has scales Calibrated for both pure Argon and Argon/CO2 mix. $35 when I bought mine and it works great. And great people to deal with.

Comment

Wow. What timing!

Comment

Ya, I have to answer all the hard questions while you smart guys poor over the schematics and yada yada yada to tackle the easy things like, why a Q1 transdoofloppy fried when the ABC inductaflimflam got all gillflirted. Easy stuff. Using a spectotransformagram and an o-somethingsomething scope. I don't stoop to such matters that far beneath my superior intellect.

Comment

The weight of the bars is truly debilitating!

Comment

Thank you for this (and earlier) info on flow meters, HTP, and the website --- good stuff.
              ESAB TIG 252 with Miller CoolMate
              Spectrum 875
              Diversion 180
              Oxy-A (Harris, ESAB, Ox Weld)
              Miller 252
              MM 211
              CST 280
              Trailblazer - Kubota

http://www.blackdiamondblooms.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Ya, I have to answer all the hard questions while you smart guys poor over the schematics and yada yada yada to tackle the easy things like, why a Q1 transdoofloppy fried when the ABC inductaflimflam got all gillflirted. Easy stuff. Using a spectotransformagram and an o-somethingsomething scope. I don't stoop to such matters that far beneath my superior intellect.
                Yeah, I can't even make up words like that let alone use them in a sentence! :-)

Comment

Were do you get those bars anyway ? Don't think I have any yet?

Comment

Originally posted by D Auger View Post
                    They are expensive. I saved for months to get one of mine. Rich guy ryanjones2150 bought me another one for Christmas last year.

Comment

Busted_Knuckles,

If you already have a regulator, this is a real cheap flowmeter which may help.
                      I use it at my tig torch to double-check the setting on my Airco flowmeter.

Not sure how accurate it is but it sure beats my other home-made flowmeter.
                      PM me with your address and I'll ship you one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flowmeter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	584928Click image for larger version

Name:	Home made2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	584929
                      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Originally posted by D Auger View Post
                        Don't have a clue. Ryan and I suddenly went from 2 bars to full house; I think H80N did too. Aametalmaster is a moderator and has been here years longer than me -- he was stuck at 1 and recently got a "promotion" for some reason.

Comment

Maybe for Christmas

Comment

Bars are very hard to earn. Years and years of training and discipline and perseverance. One most learn the ways of full penetration rather than lack of fusion, solid welds rather than porosity, all positions rather than merely flat....and maybe huffing some brake cleaner....but definitely playing with the helium a bit too much though.....learn the way from Glenn Thorton...

https://youtu.be/rLnN-hqgfxY

Comment

He is THE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X