Syncrowave 200 not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 200 not working

I have a Syncrowave 200 that intermittently refuses to weld. it currently clicks, but does not flow any gas. It was welding fine and then stopped gas flow. Sounds as if a relay/solenoid valve is clicking, but not working? Anyone else had this problem before? I occasionally does not strike an ark, but if you repeatedly work the pedal on and off, it will start working fine for who knows how long.

Did the symptoms appear at the same time?

Do you have gas pressure and flow through the regulator?

Does it weld fine using a method other than that pedal?
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-24-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I will verify that it has gas flow before the welder.
      It will strike an ark now, but no gas flow.
      I only have the pedal for TIG welding.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Find the gas solenoid and test its operation independently that it gets power when called for, or opens when you apply power directly.

I suspect the pedal, but it's hard to diagnose without being at the machine.

Comment

If it's a gas solenoid problem, it's pretty cheap and easy to replace on that machine.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            Find the gas solenoid and test its operation independently that it gets power when called for, or opens when you apply power directly.

I suspect the pedal, but it's hard to diagnose without being at the machine.
            I tested the voltage at the solenoid while pushing the pedal and it had a very low voltage. I have know idea what it should be. I think it should be at least 5 volts?

Comment

Twice I have seen a gauge show pressure in the bottle when it was actually empty. The needle was stuck. Make sure the bottle has gas.

Griff

PS
              One of those two times it happened to me.. sure felt stupid afterward

Comment

Has gas flowing from regulator hose.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                  Did the symptoms appear at the same time?

Do you have gas pressure and flow through the regulator?

Does it weld fine using a method other than that pedal?
                  It does have gas flow through the regulator.

Comment

Check the switches or switch you said you had problems starting and keeping a arc may be in your pedal .

Comment

Started using a syncrowave 200 when I was twelve (14 years ago) boss gave it to me not long ago. After 4years of other people (nonwelders) using it ect, after I moved it to my house. started having problems with it. Replaced the pedal and gun just for fun, worked better than when I was a kid. But more than likely it's the pedal.

Comment

Working...
                      X