Regulator Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator Question

I purchased a nitrogen purge regulator at an auction. It is a Victor 0781-9281 Tpr250-500-580-WM Weldmark Regulator. The output gauge is in psi up to 600.
    my question is, can I just change the output gauge to an argon gauge that reflects lpm/cfh ??
    Thanks
    Revans

No. The gauges that measure in flow are able to do so because they contain a restrictive orifice that is calibrated for the gas being measured. They are actually a pressure gauge with a reading in flow, and that will only be accurate as part of the complete regulator assembly.

Comment

Bummer for me.
      It states it can be used with Argon, that just means it can measure Argon, but only in psi, right?
      I should sell it then and get a regulator for Argon in CFH?

Comment

That's what I'd do. For $35 you cant beat the HTP (USAWELD.com) flowmeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Revans View Post
          It states it can be used with Argon, that just means it can measure Argon, but only in psi, right?
          I should ... get a regulator for Argon in CFH?
          Yep.

Comment

Thanks for your help.
            ✌️

Comment

You don't have to have a regulator that indicates CFH- it just makes it easier to set/know the CFH.

All you need is shielding gas coverage- the weld joint doesn't care if it is delivered PSI or CFH

set it to zero and slowly turn up the PSI till you get acceptable gas coverage- or buy the HTP regulator
              Ed Conley
              http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
              MM252
              MM211
              Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
              TA185
              Miller 125c Plasma 120v
              O/A set
              SO 2020 Bender
              You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                You don't have to have a regulator that indicates CFH- it just makes it easier to set/know the CFH.

All you need is shielding gas coverage- the weld joint doesn't care if it is delivered PSI or CFH

set it to zero and slowly turn up the PSI till you get acceptable gas coverage- or buy the HTP regulator
                Excellent point. Would the lack of a restrictive orifice make this difficult at all? If it's easier with one, I suppose it could be put anywhere in the line.

Comment

Find a liter bottle and put a balloon inside and find out at which psi it takes a minute to fill the balloon. ??
                  Ed Conley
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                  TA185
                  Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                  O/A set
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Or just buy one of these little meters and hold it over the nozzle. See what pressure it takes to get the desired flow rates. Can even make yourself a little chart.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Argon-Co2-Gas...%257Ciid%253A1

You can find sellers in USA if you search ebay.

Comment

Working...
                    X