• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket gun for 211

Hello, will the drive motor in the new 211 handle a 25 foot gun? Thanks

Nope...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Sorry that was an error on my part ... should read 15 foot gun

Comment

Originally posted by Bellaireroad View Post
        Sorry that was an error on my part ... should read 15 foot gun
        Miller DOES list 15ft guns for the MM211....................... should be A-OK

https://www.millerwelds.com/-/media/...c/f/ay15-0.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 09-20-2017, 07:30 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Bernard is a good name. Top notch quality, best in class IMO. I run the little (std) M-xxx gun that came from the factory on my 211 -- will be upgrading in the next year as the liner gets worn out / cruddy.
            Last edited by Crepe Myrtle Farmer; 09-21-2017, 09:11 AM.
            ESAB TIG 252 with Miller CoolMate
            Spectrum 875
            Diversion 180
            Oxy-A (Harris, ESAB, Ox Weld)
            Miller 252
            MM 211
            CST 280
            Trailblazer - Kubota

http://www.blackdiamondblooms.com/

Comment

I might still have my 211 if it'd been the newer one - asked Miller about 15' guns, they replied that it MIGHT work but would void the warranty, likely take out the drive motor or board.
              The NEWER 211 has several improvements including a stronger drive system, but before THAT happened I'd already found a MM252/30A spool gun, 30A had never had a tip in it and the 252 had run about 3 pounds of wire, then sat in a closed shop for a few years - got the entire setup incl. 2 K size bottles for $2200, and my best bud got a sweet deal on my 211(A).

Guess I'll just have to live with it :=) Steve

Comment

Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
                I might still have my 211 if it'd been the newer one - asked Miller about 15' guns, they replied that it MIGHT work but would void the warranty, likely take out the drive motor or board.
                The NEWER 211 has several improvements including a stronger drive system, but before THAT happened I'd already found a MM252/30A spool gun, 30A had never had a tip in it and the 252 had run about 3 pounds of wire, then sat in a closed shop for a few years - got the entire setup incl. 2 K size bottles for $2200, and my best bud got a sweet deal on my 211(A).

Guess I'll just have to live with it :=) Steve
                What a great deal you got!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

"What a great deal you got!!" -

Yup, I grin every time I use it - so far I've finished off the 30# of wire that was on it when I bought it and about 30# of the 44 # spool I bought (L56 of course) - I don't do aluminum (yet) but I keep .035 hard wire in the 30A and have used probably 7 or 8 2# rolls where the 15 foot gun won't reach - like the 24 foot square roof I built over a 20 foot container (2" square tube frame) so I could work on my backhoe this winter without drowning :=)...Steve

Comment

I have a HTP 15ft 250A gun on my 211, worked ok before the trigger on it started acting weird. Any how, the liner it comes with is for 0.045" wire and it really needs a 0.030-0.035" liner. I would sometimes get intermittent stops-starts. I haven't ordered a smaller liner yet because I don't have anything that I have to weld, but I'll still pick one up eventually.
                    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                    Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
                    Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, the NEW mm211 has no problem pushing a 15' gun (among other improvements) - My personal opinion of course, but WTF couldn't Miller figure out that using the EXACT SAME NAME for two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT UNITS was gonna cause confusion??!?

IMNSHO, it woulda been SUPER SIMPLE to just call the newer one MM211-B, if they didn't wanna completely change the name.

As it is, any mention of the MM211 generates at least TWICE as many responses in a thread, the extra being caused by Miller's lack of foresight.

OK, rant over (and I feel MUCH better now :=)) Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X