No announcement yet.

Millermatic200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick look. Wires 30 and 4 do not go to the power switch. They are directly or indirectly connected to a number of things that run on 115volts; the power switch has 240 volts. Do not connect! They are going to be connected to the clear plastic relays, most likely. There is more than one wire with the same number on it so don't get confused by that. The different wires with the same number simply mean they are all connected together somewhere connecting several components. If you look at the wiring diagram on pages 40-41 it will be more clear. Start at CR2 just right of the middle at top of 40. CR2 pin 1 has a wire labeled 36A (CR1-9). Go to pg 41 and you will find CR1to be the second part down from the top middle of the page. Note pin 9 shows a wire 36A(CR2-1) which is the other end of the wire we started with. Pin 9 also has wire labeled 36B(GS-1). Still wire 36 but now going to it's third connection. GS1 is the gas solenoid, right middle of 41. Note 36 B coming to it, and 36C leaving. I don't believe the letters are actually on the wires in the welder , only the base numbers.

To to see this on the schematic on page 37, go to approx middle of the diagram an find wire 36 connected to CR2 pin 1, CR1 pin 9, and the "squiggly" labeled GS1. That's how you read the diagrams. Do you understand the relay diagrams and the terms normally open and normally closed?
    Last edited by Aeronca41; 09-23-2017, 09:29 PM. Reason: Correct really stupid autocorrect corrections.

Comment

Thank youAeronca41,
      I appreciate this. I'll be getting into this today or tomorrow. I think that I understand those terms but I'm not 100% certain what the symbols are. The same as for an open/ closed switch? The motor and roller assembly is scheduled to get in tomorrow,,slow shipping .

Comment

Here's a link that will show you how switches work and how they're shown in the schematic.
        http://musicfromouterspace.com/analo...d_assembly.pdf

Relays (contactors--same thing) work the same way except that instead of a switch handle they use a magnetic coil to turn them on and off. They are called SPST, SPDT, 2PDT, etc, just like switches ( since that's what they really are. Here's a link to an explanation. The part that moves is also sometimes called the wiper.
        http://www.pcbheaven.com/wikipages/How_Relays_Work/

Miller's old diagrams use a method for drawing relays on a schematic that is a little harder to follow but the principle is the same. They draw a circle representing the magnetic coil with the "CR?" Number in it, which shows how the coil gets energized. Then you have to just go looking around for the contacts, which are shown as two straight lines with the CR? number and pin number beside them. NO contacts are shown with just the two lines; NC contacts are shown with a slash bar across them. You can find the wiper by finding both a NO and NC set of contacts on a given relay that share the same pin number-that is the wiper.

Comment

Well, latest news, I was told by the Miller rep Cindy Funke , and my local ARC3 supply house parts counter man that the wire drive motor assembly 166005 was "readily available" so I ordered one comes in without the motor . Now they are telling me that the motor is obsolete . I will have to scour the web I guess. I can't even find an image of one . I'm told that the part number is 113688. The part I had ordered ..the" complete" assembly is166005 and used to come with a motor but now does not. I suppose I should get that part and then just look for a motor separate? That would be the expensive route since just the roller assy. is 200$. No telling what a motor might cost me. Bummer !
          Thanks for the wiring help ...hank

Comment

Not surprised. When you said you found the motor from Miller I was pleasantly amazed. I didn't think those had been available for a long time. I wonder if Amishboy has sold his, and if the motor is compatible. I noticed when looking at the diagrams you have the 2-wire motor; mine is 4-wire. I'm afraid that is going to be tough to find unless you can score a compatible machine for parts. Bummer Indeed!

I'm guessing you may have to just do a web search for welder repairs and start calling-maybe you'll be lucky.

Comment

I never recd any response from Amishboy. If you run across a Bodine 24y4bepm-d3 let me know .specs are 180v. D.C. , 1/17 hp ,12:1 ratio ,208 v. D.C. ,208rpm Miller # is 113688 hahaha...or the whole assembly wire drive motor and roller assy. U never know.

Comment

Working...
              X