Wildcat 200 dies in slow idle?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcat 200 dies in slow idle?!?

Firstly, id like to say hello, ive been stalking this site for sometime and finally have an issue that im unable to just google and find the answer too.

Title says it all, everything appears to be in working order, outlets all work, fires up fine (now). But when i turn it to run/idle it staysin high idle for 10 seconds and when it switches to low idle it doesnt even try to continue running just dies.

Back story: this is a miller wildcat 200 with the subaru engine, has 248 hrs on it, mostly all idle or using the plug ins. HAS sat for roughly a year and a half, everything worked prior to storing it, has about 1/4 tank of old fuel topped off with 91 octane 0 ethanol, when i first pulled it out thw battery was dead but didn'thave time to charge it and the pull start would fire it up fine, when i would turn it to run idle it wouldnt even attempt to switch to low idle i assume because the battery was completely dead. A few days later charged the battery up and it switched to low idle one time and since than it just dies.

Any suggestions?? Thank you in advance

If it's carburated i would say the low speed jet clogged from tank or float bowl debris.

Comment

Thats what ive been thinking, just havent had enough time ti clean it

Comment

It could also be that the idle stop is backed off too far to hold it with 1/4th old/bad fuel.

Comment

Well this weekend i tore the hood off to start into the carb and tried to fire it and the battery was dead again, im thinking the battery is probably shot and needs replaced. Going to change the oil and pull tue carb still, which adjustment screw is the idle stop?

Comment

You should down load the manuals for your machine on this site with your serial# then look online under kohler or onan for a engine manual depending on your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Idahoweld View Post
              Well this weekend i tore the hood off to start into the carb and tried to fire it and the battery was dead again, im thinking the battery is probably shot and needs replaced. Going to change the oil and pull tue carb still, which adjustment screw is the idle stop?
              Get the battery replaced before you do anything else. It's amazing the problems a dead battery can cause.

Griff

Comment

Ya ive got the owners manual downloaded and a few trouble shooting guides, also i work at a fab shop and our maintenance guys were just working on the shops bobcat 250 and both said battery, oil, carb, fuel and than look into switches and other possibilities

Comment

I'll check ours at my shop. It's about a year an a half old. never went to run idle. battery died pull started the thing countless times. We run 87 with I think 1 oz of stable. but replaced battery works good. just keep a good eye on your oil level. Especially if you are still breaking it in.

Comment

Sitting for a year and a half without having conditioner in the fuel is a recipe for a plugged low speed jet in the carb. You should have removed all the old fuel prior getting it fired up. A good thorough carb cleaning is in order.
                    Lincoln Idealarc 250
                    Miller Bobcat 250
                    Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
                    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                    Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Working...
                    X