Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Legend AEAD 200LE

Comment

They make a replacement faceplate for that if I can find the link I will post it .D

Comment

Here is a site for the faceplate http://www.lincolncontrolplates.com/home_
        is someone else posting the pics of your machine hence the different screen name ?

Comment

Found that the Idle Board is burnt up.
          I cleaned the brushes and lapped them in.
          They were grease up and dirty.
          I do have power to single power ( 9 amp ) outlet.
          I am now wondering what cause this idle board to be burnt up or did it just go out ?
          Would send a pic but don't know how I have the pic in my google photo's but will not transfer to this post .
          I did try to run the motor up in rpm's and still no voltage to the 110 duplex outlets ,so maybe I can get this board tomorrow.
          Got to look and see what the parts list for an Item number or board number.
          Did install a new voltage regulator rectifier and idle solenoid so far on the engine.
          going to order a new breaker / Overload for outlet above it petty rough
          Thanks John

Comment

Is the board visually burned up or is it not sending 12 volts to thr idle solneoid ?Had a problem with mine and I cleaned all the spade terminals on the board it self one at a time now it works corrosion is a huge issue with these especially if they have been on a truck or sitting a while .
            Also clean all the contacts on the coarse amperage dial and on the back of the fine rheostat were the wiper rubs on the back .D

Comment

Rpms should be checked also 1860 for idle generator speed .And 3000 for weld speed do you have a hertz feature on your meter or kilowatt meter you can set the idle at your govenor with a meter on the hertz setting through your aux plugs at idle 62.5 hertz then at your weld mode power plug 100htz outlet?You need proper Rpms for excitation in your machine is your engine running well smooth no surging etc....?Your idle board only controls idle functions with 12 second delay if no power use or welding at weld mode . Make sure all your switches are working and in the right position for each mode .
              Have you tried welding on ac/dc?

Comment

As of today I replaced the idle board it was burnt up.
                Replaced the Circuit Breaker on welding outlet, 10 amp 115 volt working outlet (single outlet below the start switch.)
                Order a new plug in for it as well , would not hold tight and cord falls out

Installed idle (black module ) if you will and now I have power to the outlets and solenoid pulls in at weld mode and releases at auto idle mode ,,,,,everything worked several times then quit after welding a couple of 7018 stringer beads.

,,,,later tried it again and back to the solenoid not pulling in weld mode (3000 rpms ) at rabbit switch and only pulls in when trying to start engine and it worked fine and now does not.
                really wondering if the idle board burnt up again.
                or if something else it causing the idle board to fail.
                Its the newer style small black module style .
                is there any way in can check this module?
                About ready to take it to Indianapolis.
                really stumped
                I replaced the voltage regulator, rectifier on the engine and the white 2 wires that go to the stator (i belive got hot and stared to burn up,
                unplugged all 3 wires that go to the voltage reg module until i get information on what wires go where on the regulator ?
                Did ohm out the stator got .8 to 1.0 , nothing to ground its open
                Its a 3 prone plug in , two white wires that i think are the engines stator's output AC wires and other i think goes to the fuse link (25 amp) at the starter which feed's the charging for battery .
                I have the next two days off to ponder and study.
                Did buy a set of new brushes that I will install tomorrow just so i know there good , didn't know what lenght out of the box they sure be.

I worked the switch WELD mode and Idle mode back and forth several times.
                There are no service centers in Terre Haute, Indiana
                I am sure Indianapolis has a few
                Thatss all for now thanks for the help
                It all worked great till after welding.

John

Comment

when out this morning and cleaning on it with contact cleaner and sprayed the relays terminals and it melted the plastic covers off, basically they were so brittle they broke of the mounting plate
                  going to order these today
                  and trace the wiring from the idle board to back to other parts.

Comment

You can find where each wires go with your wiring schematic ,I believe the volt reg wires are two outside wires go to stator center to battery onan manual on line should give you stator output and testing specs .

Comment

You said you replaced the volt reg ? Your stator is prob bad or on the (fritz) burning up your volt reg and idle board your idle board gets power from your engine charging system for it to work all that needs to work properly make sure you also have a good batt also .

Comment

Engine voltage regulator was replaced it had a bad spade terminal on the right side, Its all good charging in weld mode at 13.6 volts.
                        Did find out that if these two stator wire are reversed it burn up the spade connectors that plugs in the the voltage regulator.
                        got lucky and replaced spades terminals and reversed connection and its working now . and the center terminal
                        I now have the parts manual and Operator manuals for both engine and miller legend 200 LE .
                        Cummins factory rep email them to me also the Miller Factory rep email me a flow chart out of technical Manual for checking the Idle/ weld board circuit
                        if anyone needs them they will send them to you there are 4 different sequences in testing the idle board circuit
                        Page TM-428 Page 24 and 25 this was a great help in testing the PC1 Idle board for sure

Found some parts on web for the Idle / Weld control circuit module
                        Page OM-428 Page 8
                        Item 7 CR4 Miller part 11324 KUP-14D55-12 for 13.86
                        Item #8 miller part # 044588 18732B200 for 15.59 in onlinecomponents.com more than half the cost off retail
                        Item 10 CB4 is the new replacement Item 2-6500-P10-7amp which is the ETA- circuit auto reset for 35.48 at ALLIED there part number is 70129324
                        Also Part number 9 the BOSCH Part 0332204150 miller part # 9 miller 115693 # is replaced with
                        TE Connectivity Tyco Electronics 12 volt 5 pin Relay SPDT 20/30 Amp ( formally Bosch) Model # V23234-A1001-X036 Partt # 330-070
                        sells for 4.59
                        This was all the stuff that I was hoping to find when I came to this site and hope this helps some one in the future
                        D Auger is correct the two outside spade terminals for stator and center spade for battery charging
                        Atleast on my charging system above happen to me , don't know about others. You would like that it wouldn't matter what which stator wire went where as long has both spades were on the outside but i don,t think that's the case
                        I have ordered parts 7,8,9,10 , and going to order another new idle board that is 212.00 before i run it again and i think there are two more parts that I am going to replace as well.
                        I figure i don't want to destroy a another idle board so it worth it to me at this point to replace them all and be done with it and not have to drive to a service center 100 miles away and with 2 or 3 hours on a service ticket to find what would end up costing me the money and time
                        If anyone is knows about this testing procedure on pages 24 and 25 the test
                        ENGINE does not go to weld RPM with engine control switch S2 in run position
                        I have only 9 volts and should be +12 volts present for some reason
                        This was a brand new idle board and like I said on above post it worked find untill i welded with it then quit ?
                        that being said i have to find reason before i strike another arc and blow it up again with all the other parts i am replacing

The idle board old style Miller part # 113492 has been replaced with has been replaced the Part 142725 sells for 121 cant find it cheaper anywhere
                        That's all

Comment

Hopefully DuaneB55 will check in on this he's one of our engine drive guys on here soon ,have you checked your switches to see if there working properly ?
                          Check your voltage before your switches and after could be something as simple as a switch or a circuit breaker causing your issues glad you got your charging side working I think Your on the right track.D

Comment

What gets me on this after installed the new idle board everthing as far as 110 plug ins,
                            power 3000 welding switch worked it would cycle fine with delays 4 sec and 12 sec
                            it was after a struck an arc and welded a 3 inch bead for testing it appearing burnt the new idle board up
                            fyi

Comment

I have replaced the TS1, Voltage regulator Recitifer on the onan engine , they work.
                              Now i have no power outlets 110 and 230 volts
                              did clean the roe-stat fine adjustment and sand the course adjustment
                              I went and got a tiny tach and my RPMS are 2150 on weld mode when i jumper over to TS1
                              I adjusted the Idle Speed to 1860 or just above as close has i could
                              These are all the parts I replaced

cr4,cr3,cr2,cb4
                              and idle board
                              cb1 and cb2, and rc4

Now it cycles in idle mode to weld mode intermittently. every minute or two when in weld mode
                              Still trying to find reason why i had 110 volts to plugins no don't also
                              The RC4 outlet works
                              I dont have a manual for the engine trying to obtain one
                              to set the weld mode RPM?
                              Does any have the flow charts for the 110 out lets ?

Comment

Pretty sure the single 110 outlet works in weld mode only ,the best way I found to set idle is set your machine on power /generate then with a htz or kilowatt meter plug into one of the 4 plugs on left ,set idle in power mode to 62.5. Hertz that is set at the carb idle screw on the throttle butterfly....

then flip your switch to weld Mode and test the single outlet to your right it should rev up to 3,000 rpm or 100htz that is set at the electric push pull govenor linkage ,if you don't have the right rpm give of take a 1 or a 1/2 rpm

Comment

Working...
                                X