Onan 18 hp works and runs fine.
    I have replaced the voltage regulator rectifier and the idle solenoid
    I have no 110 volts outlet power on outlets
    service center is 85 miles away
    needing some help
    I checked a fuse near the starter and 1 under the top cover panel
    serial jh253809
    where do I need to start?

Are your slip rings clean also make sure you have good brush length and make sure you have no cracks or chips in the brushes ?clean the slip rings with 300 or 320 grit paper .

Comment

Assume you also have no weld output? Was the machine working OK and just quit or has it been sitting a long time unused? Do you have the manual? If not, it's here:

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O411P_MIL.pdf

First, verify with the manual that all controls and switches are set correctly. Next, check the brushes to be sure they are free to slide in their holders and are making good contact with the slip rings.
      If it's been sitting, you could have lost residual magnetism and diode D4 that reestablishes the field might be open. Also possible that diode bridge SR2 is bad.

Look all around for loose or corroded connections especially on the big resistor R4.

Comment

Check resister tap bands also for corrosion .

Comment

Please explain and pic
          i am some what ele encline but dc stuff is this i have to really think about it
          i will look at the print and follow it the best i can

Comment

Did clean the 3 brass rings and it has been setting for quite some time but lookin it seems in good shape
            610 hrs on it my father bought it new
            where can i order brushes for it ?

Comment

Check resister tap bands also for corrosion
              where is this ?

Comment

especially on the big resistor R4.
                where is this

Comment

If it's been sitting, you could have lost residual magnetism and diode D4 that reestablishes the field might be open. Also possible that diode bridge SR2 is bad.
                  what to do here

Comment

You need to look at the schematic in the book from that link that was graciously provided to you. There is no magic wand anyone here can waive and make R4 appear bathed in a shining light from God almighty. Follow the numbered wires and ye shall find the treasure. Sometimes you can plug the part number, also from the manual in the link, into a Google search or miller4less or even miller's website and a picture MIGHT pop up to help you identify the parts you seek. You gotta help others help you my man.

Comment

I see

Comment

Yes use your parts list and your schismatic to find these key parts on your machine ,your brushes should be listed in your manual parts page miller4 less has brushes online for sale about 25$ for 3 last time I checked don't drop them they chip easily .
                        I would suggest reading your manual front to back to get more familiar with your machine.

Comment

I have printed it out and will read it from front to back
                          I am trying to learn about the machine
                          I first need to get a pic of the front panel it basically is blacked out
                          the starter switch area and switches working on that
                          the low speed idle and weld switch area
                          i got to find an ele, print that explains symbols so i know what the print is telling me as well
                          Thanks John

Comment

I have a Miller s32p was wondering if anybody knows if it can be ran on an AC welder

Comment

Originally posted by Xxtcr View Post
                              I have a Miller s32p was wondering if anybody knows if it can be ran on an AC welder
                              Nope welder needs to be DC...Bob
                              Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
                              X