Syncrowave 250 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 250 question

I have a early 250 that somebody lost the amp. shunt. I talked to Miller tech and it's no longer available . He did say it is a piece of .094x 1 3/4 stainless but did not have any more dimensions. Anybody have any information and or Pics? The later used the Hall effect type which is also discontinued . Thanks

Originally posted by Old welder View Post
    I have a early 250 that somebody lost the amp. shunt. I talked to Miller tech and it's no longer available . He did say it is a piece of .094x 1 3/4 stainless but did not have any more dimensions. Anybody have any information and or Pics? The later used the Hall effect type which is also discontinued . Thanks
    What is the shunt part number..??? is it 114723 ???

maybe we can cross it to a commercial part ??

Like maybe a generic 100 Milivolt 300 Amp AC/DC shunt ....??? or...???

The Meter is 100MV AC/DC 0-300 Scale
    Last edited by H80N; 07-10-2017, 01:34 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The Miller tech said the piece is 8' yes feet. The shunt is made with a small piece of it.

Comment

There was a hall effect conversion kit for the early ones... any info on that...??

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Nothing is available, so my only option is to make a new shunt. From there I can find out if the CB is good or have it repaired. If I could get the dimensions and hole layout I could fab a new one.

Comment

Nothing is available, so my only option is to make a new shunt. From there I can find out if the CB is good or have it repaired. If I could get the dimensions and hole layout I could fab a new one.
            Sent you a PM

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

I asked Andy Weyenberg

The hall conversion is a kit that includes a new main PCB because of calibration, Filter module, new hall device and some wires. It’s nothing they can modify with their current PCB.
              The best bet might be to try the 100mv shunt and see if that works.
              I tried to find the old voltage drop readings for the shunt but all I can find is the hall device readings.
              Try the shunt. Worse thing is that the PCB calibration is off and the amps out won’t match the amps set on the front dial.

I’ll keep looking for info.

A-

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Maybe someone has one from a conversion?

Comment

Where can I find the conversion kit? Really don't want to spend that much but might have to. Still hoping to find a shunt.

Comment

Anybody know a shop that has used parts. Nothing here in so cal.

Comment

Try eBay yet?

Comment

http://www.stumpfweldingsupplies.com/
                        try these guys I think they have a welder boneyard .

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

What is the shunt part number..??? is it 114723 ???

maybe we can cross it to a commercial part ??

Like maybe a generic 100 Milivolt 300 Amp AC/DC shunt ....??? or...???

The Meter is 100MV AC/DC 0-300 Scale
                          That is the part number I have. Do you think a 100mv 300amp aftermarket might work.

Comment

That is the part number I have. Do you think a 100mv 300amp aftermarket might work.
                            I would sure be tempted to try it.........

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Got one off eBay 300 amp 100mv . Looking for a amp meter.

Comment

Working...
                              X