BOBCAT 250 EFI bogs down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOBCAT 250 EFI bogs down

My Bobcat 250 bogs down when welding with a heavy load. Weld starts to get sporadic with 5/32 7018 rods.

Replying for reference.
    I have a new 250 bobcat. 2017 Carb version. The machine was randomly surging at weld rpm and it would almost stall/die when it would rev down to low idle mode. This was also randum.
    I used a vibra tach to verify low idle and weld rpm were correct. This machine is brand new with 0 hours on it. Why is it not running properly?
    Reading the manual tells me a couple things. It states that if the engine oil is over filled past the full line, it can cause erratic fuel pump operation. Checking the oil level on my dipstick, I notice the oil level is too high. It's 5/16"'higher than the full mark on the dipstick. The unit came new like this, the oil level over filled. I drained 150-200ml of oil from the engine and I haven't had an rpm surge since. Oil level on the dip stick is just below the full line where it should be. The motor now runs as it should.
    Last edited by snoeproe; 10-26-2017, 09:42 PM.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Great tip!

Comment

I've seen mechanics chase their tail on this one too. Not only EFI. Machine runs for awhile and then starves for fuel and dies. Starts right back up and repeat.
        The problem is too much oil causes the vacuum pump to starve. great tip for a machines with a vacuum pump.
        Last edited by 1997CST; 10-27-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I believe mine was over fuelling. As it dropped to low idle, it would randomly start to chug and sputter. Thinking it was starving for fuel, I pulled the choke and it only got worse.
          Last edited by snoeproe; 10-27-2017, 12:51 PM.
          Lincoln Idealarc 250
          Miller Bobcat 250
          Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
          Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Working...
          X