Hypertherm 45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertherm 45

Hey you all I need some help on a matter, this 45 plasma cutter has been in the repair shop longer than I have owned it, shop kept, climate controlled, never cut thicker than 1/8" iron, second time for the printed board to go out, this time where I bought it from said I have dirty electricity, no dust in the wires that I can see, just kidding, I told the fellow that I do have a cycle and volt meter that I can see because I have a generator, if needed I can see at a glance it all is good and the machine was never run on generator power, they have had it seven months and now he says it does have a serial number on it so the cannot warranty it, they want seven hundred, asked him why would someone grind the numbers off, all this to say I am P_ssed a lot now, has anyone had board problems with there unit, I told him today, they have till the first week in January and I am going to get in touch with Hypertherm and the major place of business where I have rented for forty years, I might be wrong so some advise from some others looking in might a better Idea, thanks for letting me go on this way.Joe

Dang Joe...<br />
    <br />
    So..."they" replaced the circuit board before which apparently didn't have a serial number on it. Now the same "they" say they can't replace it again because the circuit board "they" put in is missing a serial number? <br />
    <br />
    Say that ten times fast....<br />
    <br />
    I believe you have every cause to be aggravated my friend. I take back all the times I tried to talk you out of that plasma cutter. You can keep it.

Comment

Is the ser no ground off of the board or the machine? Same guys replaced the board last time? Not quite understanding what's going in here but it sounds ugly. You are far more patient than I would have been, I think.

Any probs with other electrical eqpt or appliances? My mom and dad had several appliances die prematurely; I checked and found their 120v outlets were often running below 100 volts, sometimes 90 or less. Had a rather direct encounter with the unbelieving power co, but they ultimately replaced the transformer with one of adequate size for the neighborhood and failures stopped. Outlets were back to 120 volts.

I have also also seen a transformer with intermittent arc-over from primary to secondary taking out test equipment in a manufacturing environment. Again, had to prove it to the power company with power monitor eqpt printouts but they finally replaced the transformer.

Comment

Joe, I would appreciate it if you contact me at Jim.colt@hypertherm.com . I will need the powermax45 serial number so we can trace its history, the name and location of the shop that is working on it, as well as your contact info. We will get to the bottom of your issues. Always best to contact the manufacturer with issues like this. If you prefer you can work with technical.service@hypertherm.com or call them at 18006439878 . Best regards, Jim Colt

Comment

Originally posted by jimcolt View Post
          Joe, I would appreciate it if you contact me at Jim.colt@hypertherm.com . I will need the powermax45 serial number so we can trace its history, the name and location of the shop that is working on it, as well as your contact info. We will get to the bottom of your issues. Always best to contact the manufacturer with issues like this. If you prefer you can work with technical.service@hypertherm.com or call them at 18006439878 . Best regards, Jim Colt
          Tinker Joe 2

think you will get some answers now

PLS keep us posted

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

From what I've seen of Jim Colt on other boards, he doesn't play around. I firmly believe if it's on Hypertherm he'll make it right. If it's on the owner or an incompetent shop, he'll make it as right as it can be. Plus, he's just got an awesome name.

Comment

Thanks fellow to the comments and encouragement, I did call the place where the unit was bought left the salesman a voice mail stating that January 2 will be cut off date with excuses and will contact Hypertherm to deal with this shady dealing that I am going through and I did contact Jim Colt and he responded to the email quickly so that says a lot about him already, I am not able to get to the machine it is at the place where they told me was a warranty dealer so with no serial number on the machine and cannot get the number off the main board, I am screwed again but feel better about what was said about Jim, so let's enjoy our holidays, don't want to put stress or strain on anyone at this time, let's get through the Christmas and start January 2017 in right way, enjoy you family and friends and pick a family that you know needs help and be generous, the look on a young couple's face with children when you finically help them, is a wonderful feeling, try it, thanks all, Joe
              Last edited by Tinker Joe 2; 12-21-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Joe, I knew you were a craftsman and I'm not surprised that you're also a saint.

Comment

Ryan
                  Thanks for the compliments, life is real simple do it right the first time, when in doubt with a conservation with a person I asked them do you know the difference between right and wrong, then explain it to me, usually cannot, then I tell them here is the answer the to the question and ask them to memorize it, "the difference between right and wrong is when you know what is right and you do not do it, that is the definition of wrong" those in desperate need will never say so, we must see that, I am sure there are several us here who have been there and someone helped us when we never spoke nor showed we had a need and what they did changed our life for ever, the man that put me in Sales 38 years ago had lost track on him and when I found him went to lunch and tanked him for what we did and how it change my life and my family's life, he said I saw the future sales manager that was teachable, he said we trained you over a long period before we told you the whole truth, his statement was "only a man of quality can see quality in another man", soak that in and think up on it, you are keen yourself.Joe

Comment

The 45 rocks!

Hypertherm (and Joe) define quality.

Im sure it'll work out, keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker Joe 2 View Post
                      Thanks fellow to the comments and encouragement, I did call the place where the unit was bought left the salesman a voice mail stating that January 2 will be cut off date with excuses and will contact Hypertherm to deal with this shady dealing that I am going through and I did contact Jim Colt and he responded to the email quickly so that says a lot about him already, I am not able to get to the machine it is at the place where they told me was a warranty dealer so with no serial number on the machine and cannot get the number off the main board, I am screwed again but feel better about what was said about Jim, so let's enjoy our holidays, don't want to put stress or strain on anyone at this time, let's get through the Christmas and start January 2017 in right way, enjoy you family and friends and pick a family that you know needs help and be generous, the look on a young couple's face with children when you finically help them, is a wonderful feeling, try it, thanks all, Joe
                      Your place of purchase may be able to provide the serial number from their sales records. I know my LWS has everything I have purchased for the last twenty years on their computer.

HTH
                      Griff

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post

Your place of purchase may be able to provide the serial number from their sales records. I know my LWS has everything I have purchased for the last twenty years on their computer.

HTH
                        Griff
                        Joe

You have been more than patient....

I would get Jim Colt on their tail to get this righted....

something very fishy going on at the dealer..... that is not only bad for you...

it unfairly frames Hypertherm customer service as being incompetent or worse...

Who is the dealer anyhow........................??????????

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I have been watching this also. H80N is right something sure does smell fishy. I would have gone bat s@#t crazy on someone if that happened to me. Does the owners manual or packet that came with it have a serial # attached somewhere, I never looked at mine but alot of the owners manual packets have a sticker with the # printed on it.

Comment

I agree expose the dealer and all involved, it could greatly help someone else from making the same mistake.

Comment

I called Jim Clot last week but sure he has a lot going to and maybe telephone was not the method to do so I will email him Monday 16th. with the reputable deal name and personal that and the supposed warranty dealer it was sent to the second time, don't need to hear my side there's should be much more impressive than the buyer, Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X