introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction

Hello all, my name is Rob just thought I would introduce myself. I'm glad to be here finally, I am a maintenance mechanic for a food plant and there in house welder. I've been doing sanitary stainless welding for thirteen years. And also home hobby stuff nothing major, but I am work on a 29 Tudor sedan hotrod. I will be buying a dynasty 210 dx very soon.

Welcome, Midnight! A guy with your experience ought to be able to make that 210 sing and do tricks. And a cool car to use it on! Nice!

Comment

Alright, some more stainless experience to draw from. And a gear head at that. You'll get along here pretty dadgum well.

Comment

Hey thanks I hope you all had a good thanksgiving. And as a gear head goes I'm still in the early stages but I do love them old flatheads.

Comment

We did-thanks!

My first car - back in '63 or '64 - was a Tudor '52 with a flathead. Actually had 2 in a row, a gray one and a blue one. And I loved those flatheads, too. Had their quirks, but ran great and certainly easy to work on. I always carried a spare fuel pump pushrod. Never had to use it but I knew others who did. And a propane torch in the winter time to heat the frozen door latch mechanism so the door would stay shut. not everything about the old days was good, but a lot was.

My first learning experience with heating, warping (bad!), and shrinking (good) sheet metal was making and welding in a left rear quarter panel on the gray one with the old Purox OA torch I still have in the garage after Dad's passing. I'm still amazed to this day what you can do with a torch, a bucket of water, and a rag when working sheet metal. This was long before anybody around our hick town had ever heard of MIG. I learned a lot at a young age! Dad had taught me all the principles for years, but your first "big" project on your own is still the best learning experience.

Ok, I'll quit rambling-we'd love to see some pics of your project.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Rob...

Where are you located...??
            Last edited by H80N; 11-27-2016, 07:20 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Lake tapps wa.

Comment

I know exactly where you're at. Well, not your physical address, but Lake Tapps. I lived in Redmond, Renton, Belleview, Puyallup, Tacoma and Fort Lewis. So, ya....I'm familiar. I pray Mount Rainier hasn't swallowed you up yet?

Comment

nope still here lol

Comment

Small world. My grandfather and I (both Navy men) were born in Enumclaw. My dad was born in Buckley on the wrong side of the river. But then he was an Air Force man, so my grandfather and I didn't expect much from him anyway. We would do afternoon picnics on Rainier.

Comment

Wow it is a small world I grew up in eastern Washington just outside the tri-cities. After getting out of the marines I ended up over here when I took a sanitary stainless steel welding job.

Comment

I have good friend that lives up near the tri-cities. He used to work security at the nuclear power plant. Now he works for WSP. <br />
                        <br />
                        Had a few friends in enumclaw. We used to call it enumscratch, not really sure why. Probably for no particular reason.

Comment

Heard "Enumscratch" my whole life, so it's been around a while. Met a guy here in a Seahawks bar the other week and that was the first word out of his mouth when I said "Enumclaw."

Comment

Guess it's just one of those things.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Midnightcaper!
                              From all of us on the LJ Welding Automation Team
                              PS: Click on the options below to see what we're up to:
                              Products
                              Videos
                              Industrial Applications
                              Case Studies
                              Catalogue
                              Contact Us

Comment

Working...
                              X