Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectrum 3080

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASKANDY
    The 3080 is a real solid unit. I still have one and can't complain at all. The 3080 is based on the reliable XMT chassis and inverter engine. There was a torch update to use the current torch of the 1000 but the old consumables are still easy to get and the new torch just gives you a thicker cut rating. Doubt you'd really need that thick anyway. I know I don't.

Andy

Hey ANDY what kind of air compressor is your 3080 hooked up to?Would it be best to get a two stage air compressor instead of a one stage?Would it also be best to get an air compressor that uses oil or get one that does not use oil.If i am thinking right an air compressor that uses oil is not as loud as an oilless air compressor. Am i right.

Comment

richie

it seems the more you spend on 1 the less ya get LOL. as you get to the larger setups they have less on them. witch works out ok cuz you can build it to suit youre needs . lots of people run steel lines through uot there shop with multiple quick conect cuplers around the shop. i chose to run 2 real setups in my shop so after the air gage and watter trap i ran a T so i could run a line to the role above the compresser in the main shop and then ran a line to the welding room where i have another role out real on the roof in there as well. i also have about 175 ft of seperate hose that i can use if i need to get out of the shop. there is 50ft of red line on the real in the main shop as i will use it right outside for airing up tires and stuff just outside the shop and only about 25ft on the real in my metal work room for angel grinders and stuff in the welding room.

i atached some pic's of the shut off and the air gage and the 2 lines run on the celing 1 to the real and 1 off to the other room. as soon as you get a larg air compresser you get to start planing how to run youre air lines as you will no longer be able to take the compresser to the work so you need a plan.by getting the compresser without hookups you can plan from scratch and build it to suit you i'm shoure that there are lots of people here that have hard lines maybe some one will share a pic of theres with ya
      Attached Files

Comment

Yup i have noticed that to you get a small air compressor it has alot of stuff on it.You get a big air compressor and it dont have that much stuff on it.But i like the the idea of custumizing it to fit your exact needs and specifications.I going to get a large air compressor but i am getting ready to move monday so i will have to wait on that.Plus when i move i am going to be buying another shop.

Comment

richie

i hope my pic's helped , like i said most larger shops run hard lines to the different stations in there shop but as mine is small running hose was best for me. i also got a different drain system for my tank it was like $15 but i realy didnt like the butterfly type drain so i splerged on the extended version with a valve simmiler to the large 1 i use as a shut off.hummm should have took ya a pic, ill get it when i go back to the shop to take the masking off my flame job.

Comment

water drain
            Attached Files

Comment

richie, a comp is a comp, you add the equipment you want after that. That is just a shutoff valve.

Comment

Good Idea James

Originally posted by fun4now
                water drain

That pretty cool i want to do that with my big air compressor when i get one.
                Can you please tell me what items you used so i can do that.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.