Maxstar 150 STL issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxstar 150 STL issue

Alright, I'm sure this has been covered in depth before, but I have not found a solution in my searches so far.

I have a Maxstar 150 STL SN LE 040092M. I got it for the price of free (It had been to a local welder repair shop, and subsequently sat at my local Airgas in the back room for the last 3 years). I had my guy at Airgas call up the shop it had been to, to check the work order/estimate. They stated it needed a new board (original PN 212092, which has been superseded by an update kit 221114 according to Miller, as relayed to me by my Airgas guy.)

So, since diagnosis was replace the board, then we can trouble shoot, I went ahead and bought the board, admittedly hoping that's all it needed. I installed it, (I had a ground strap on, and followed the included directions) and hooked everything back up. It powered right up, but the blue ready light is flashing continuously. The lift arc tig light is the only other light on, and pressing the button does not change anything. I have not connected leads to it at this point. I currently have it hooked up to a 120v outlet, less than 10' from my sub panel at my shop.

So, where can I go from here? I would appreciate any input you guys could offer.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Hi bud I realize this is an old post but I was just hoping you can give me a hand....did you ever find out what was wrong with your unit? I have the exact same issues u were experiencing and wanted to know if you had got it working and if so what did you do to fix it....thanks
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
    X