No announcement yet.

Bobcat Tig settings Help?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat Tig settings Help?

Just put a Tig set up on my 2013 Bobcat 225, I am new to Tig and the whole welding A/C D/C aluminum thing. I have a Tig 17 torch with the power block that you clamp your stinger lead and your argon too. I have watched the Beginners tig welding tips and understand it very well. My question is What settings do I set my machine at to get the best possible A/C tig aluminum weld? On the Weld Process switch I have-wire +, wire -, Sick + Tig - and A/C weld. On the Coarse Range switch I have wire {19-28 volts**, 50-100 amps,70-150 amps, 80-225 amps. Then I also have the fine control. I would think that if I were not on A/C weld, everything else would be D/C welding, not what I want to do with aluminum correct? So if I put the machine on A/C weld under Weld Process, then were do I put the control under Coarse Range? What amps or do I put it on wire in volts? A little help please. I already know the bobcat does not do A/C aluminum great, but I thought if I could Tig with this machine I would move up to a better machine for aluminum later. Thanks for any info.

Do you have a High Frequency box hooked up as well?
    If not, it will NEVER weld aluminum!
    A Miller HF-251-D with a contactor installed would be your best bet.
    You can run DC tig on steel and stainless now tho.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400