Girl welder looking for a job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl welder looking for a job

i have been out of the workforce for 15yrs but i can MIG and TIG weld, i worked at JF Sheet Metal in Hollis NH for 6yrs as a welder, I can MIG weld almost anything including TIG welding aluminum, the company I worked for did a lot of work for Vanguard industries in New Ipswich NH, I also ordered parts and fixed the Miller 250 welding machines, I'm looking for any welding job in the Nashua NH area, I hate to say it but being a 42yr old female has made it difficult to find a decent welding job, any advice would be appreciated.

Willing to move?

Bobcat in Gwinner, ND is hiring. Always looking for welders. Good pay and benefits.

Comment

We need photos... not samples of your welds, but pics of you.

Comment

I believe if your a man or woman it doesn't matter long as you can do the job right in a timely manner.

Comment

welders

terex in Huron and watertown SD are hiring for welders and they do have some women welders

Comment

They were putting a gas pipe line across the place next to me the guy that owns the place saw a person in the ditch welding and thought man that guy is little. So he went over there and when the welder pulled off the helmet all the blonde hair fell out and he said it was one of the prettiest women he had ever seen. So there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodhand
              Obviously, you are not intelligent enough to understand a joke/jest/a bit of humour when it hits you in the face. I thought that, perhaps, the smiley face could give dolts like you a clue... but, alas, some trolls are just wasted.

To interpret my comment to the OP, as being disrespectful, is just plain STUPID.
              Regardless of how the comment was made, it was a stupid thing to say. Work is for work, would you make the same comment to a male looking for a job? I work for a company which would fire you instantly for making a comment like that, her looks are completely irrevlavent to her post. Shes looking for work, shes on a welding site, not match.com. I believe you are in the complete wrong.
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

Comment

It is truly sad that this thread could sink to such a low level in such a low number of posts.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                  Regardless of how the comment was made, it was a stupid thing to say. Work is for work, would you make the same comment to a male looking for a job? I work for a company which would fire you instantly for making a comment like that, her looks are completely irrevlavent to her post. Shes looking for work, shes on a welding site, not match.com. I believe you are in the complete wrong.
                  Kevin

You sir, hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                    Kevin
                    Oh, geeesh. Here, again, I find myself trying to explain what I posted was just humorous. Just in case you haven't been here very long... many times when a newby posts, wanting help in solving problems, the first thing that is asked for are photos. I merely juxtaposed my request, and asked for photos of the welder, not the weld, never expecting OP to comply. I, certainly, see no disrespect in my request... it was a joke!

Some trolls cruise around these sites just looking for an opportunity to start a fight over nothing. And... other dolts are more than eager to jump in to support the trolls.

(I'm betting that JSFAB is very familiar, as to the advantages of the "lube," that he and his boyfriend use.)
                    Last edited by Goodhand; 07-27-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Girl welder looking for a job

Seen it thousand times, someone has no respect of a Lady, Makes a comment that's totally disrespectful. Then try to justify them self by saying it was a joke. This is no place for that garbage or the likes of it.
                      Just man up to your comments and own your disrespect, I'm sure your Proud of it.

Comment

Goodhand; sounds like an appropriate handle as that's probably the date one would end up with after a night at the bar flinging ***ist comments at all the ladies.

Can you believe they're censoring the word se xist? What is this, romper room? :-)
                        =======================
                        Miller 211 AutoSet
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX
                        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
                        Francisco Goya

Comment

The whole subject is academic anyway. The op, whether he, she, or it, has never logged in since his/her/its original post. If you want to see a pic, just click on his/her/its username, you will see the typical doe eyed, sorrowful look of a female looking up at you. Big eyes, very cute. If you are that desperate, click the email link. Good luck.
                          Last edited by JSFAB; 07-29-2014, 04:22 PM.
                          Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

well good luck to you. its tough to find a decent job being a man or a woman. if you were closer to western mass,i know a few places you could probably work at.

Comment

First rule of the internet is don't put a selfie in your profile pic for any forum where you aren't trolling for contact (to borrow a military phrase) because it's vain and no one GAF what you look like.

If you are female it's stupid twice for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X