301G Trailblazer not welding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301G Trailblazer not welding

Hello everyone, I just bought a used 301g trailblazer and used it once for about 5 minutes letting my 7 year old try to weld with some 3/32. It worked well. I tried using it about two weeks later and it has 0 output. It has about 400hrs on it and already had a pcb2 put in it at 350 hrs. both pcb1 and pcb2 look fine but I am not sure what it would be. If anyone could tell me what to look for or what it might be that would be great. I am not to familiar with this kind of stuff. It has not been boosted at all. It is in an enclosed trailer and in between the 2 weeks I didn't use it, I puled the trailer to the scales to get a weight but the road was pretty smooth.

Just a guess, but perhaps 1 of your brushes is stuck, and/or really dirty slip rings.

I soak a piece of emory fine grit with brake clean and swish back and forth on each slip ring to clear the crap off while running.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	516664Thanks for your suggestion, I cleaned the rings and made sure the brushes were not stuck and I still have no output. I do have ac power but no dc. I am going to try to post pics of pcb1 and 2 to see if anyone can see something I am missing

Comment

And the front panels selector switch is in the up (live) position?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

tough one to call, best take it in. something to do with the power board though, what does the display say for volts

Comment

Working...
            X