Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB 275/ 302 DC unit and Tig welding

Hello all
    So I have new question I have a TB 302 DC only unit, and today I tried to scratch tig and it wouldn't work it just melted the tungsten in an instant. What I have done with my buz box is just attached my gas block and tig torch to the stinger and the ground to the work piece. Yes there is no way back off on the heat but I have done this for years. I was trying to do the same with the TB but I think I am off some where, any advice. I would like to do AL too,, so I may just buy a dynasty and plug it in to the 220 side and just be done with it. what do you guys think
    thanks

Melting back the Tungsten..??...Proper size..?? ...&....You are running DC Electrode Negative right..??..

If you can... by all means get the Dynasty...

You will not be sorry....
    Last edited by H80N; 05-20-2014, 05:37 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

yes it balled up the tungsten and than its gone instantly . Its a DC only machine so I can't switch from electro + or -. unless I try switching the actual leads.

Comment

Originally posted by K&D welding View Post
        yes it balled up the tungsten and than its gone instantly . Its a DC only machine so I can't switch from electro + or -. unless I try switching the actual leads.
        Electrode Negative----puts the heat into your work..

Electrode Positive---- will put the heat into the Tungsten Electrode..(POOF..!!)

so check and if you need to physically switch the leads do so..

Which model Trailblazer??.....Welder serial#...??
        Last edited by H80N; 05-20-2014, 07:41 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Last time I looked there was lift arc on the 302, as yes kindly switch the cables like H80N said, with the Torch to the neg on your machine with pos going to the work clamp......You have tigged before haven't you???? Going to have to spool Aluminum

Comment

I was following what the machine had said where to put the leads as my unit doesn't have a selector elctro + or - (unit ser# lh300258q stock # 907214). I didnt switch my lead cause I just assumed that there was something wrong with the lift-arc function. in hindsight an extra 5 minutes I may have had my answer.

Comment

This is how it should be hooked up, tig torch to negative & ground/work lead to +. It sounds like you are trying to tig in dc+ instead of dc-.
              MM250
              Trailblazer 250g
              22a feeder
              Lincoln ac/dc 225
              Victor O/A
              MM200 black face
              Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
              Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
              Arco roto-phase model M
              Vectrax 7x12 band saw
              Miller spectrum 875
              30a spoolgun w/wc-24
              Syncrowave 250
              RCCS-14

Comment

cruz, mmw and HH,
                Yes I see the error, thanks again, I was following the Pic on the machine (ie stick/ TIG) not what I I know. Oh the joys of night shift work and being tired all the time
                thanks for setting me straight
                D

Comment

Originally posted by K&D welding View Post
                  cruz, mmw and HH,
                  Yes I see the error, thanks again, I was following the Pic on the machine (ie stick/ TIG) not what I I know. Oh the joys of night shift work and being tired all the time
                  thanks for setting me straight
                  D
                  Did that resolve your problem..??

Do Tell..??... can you TIG with it now..??...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                  X