Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm home in my shop a few days-

Back on topic-

I was wrong. The Miller cord is a 12/4 cable and I will put it back.

If I did this correctly the machine has 9 hours, 1 minute & 33 seconds.

21,080 arc starts?

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

There are no seconds, that's 91 hrs 33 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        There are no seconds, that's 91 hrs 33 minutes
        my mistake

u are correct

It seems still to be pretty low time for a 10ish year old machine.

Comment

Not really, and its unknown if the memory card was changed out, cause that would reset things to zero. Obviously used in production line though with so many arc starts, likely a robotic application with a zap here, a zap there...

Comment

Helpin the other guy out with his older Dynasty 200SD, I noticed a service kit that describes how to get a little more oomph from your pre lightning HF, might help you. Now if'n I had your email, I could send it to you.

Comment

Helpin the other guy out with his older Dynasty 200SD, I noticed a service kit that describes how to get a little more oomph from your pre lightning HF, might help you. Now if'n I had your email, I could send it to you.
              Cruizer... looks like he may have gotten it sorted out..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...049#post321049

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thats funny, cause thats pretty much the first thing we said on the first page. however there is a fix to give it a little more jam, noticed it when I gave the other guy with the SD the #'s for the PC3 programming update
                Last edited by cruizer; 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Thats funny, cause thats pretty much the first thing we said on the first page. however there is a fix to give it a little more jam, noticed it when I gave the other guy with the SD the #'s for the PC3 programming update
                  rdbradley@me.com

THX

Comment

Took the machine apart....cleaned up contacts and put the OEM power cord back-

6 PICS

Gen info manfg date-

OK the mechanical points....can they adjusted...little afraid to pull allen screws...

Made about 5 passes with some 320 grit paper-
                    Last edited by scratchedup; 05-29-2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Putting back the OEM Miller power cord-

Very lite sanded the contacts w/ 320 paper-

Internal ground re-connected-

Main power-

Comment

Ordered 3/32" Lanthaned Tungsten from the link from H80N...

Tomorrow install new power plug, clean main ground and torch connection at machine with 1/2" wire brush...

+ Order M5 - .8 x 12mm case screws from McMaster Carr....mine are a hodgepodge.
                        Last edited by scratchedup; 05-29-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

All seems to be working fine now however I have a question.

This is the torch I have. It is probably as old as the unit. My welding will be mostly small stuff...16ga...

Is this a good torch to have?..size wise. Any advantage to a new one?

THX

Comment

Originally posted by scratchedup View Post
                            All seems to be working fine now however I have a question.

This is the torch I have. It is probably as old as the unit. My welding will be mostly small stuff...16ga...

Is this a good torch to have?..size wise. Any advantage to a new one?

THX
                            A 17 series torch is pretty standard on the Dynasty 200 for air cooled applications... and will handle just about anything that machine will do...

if you want to get fancier on it and still stay air cooled... you could always get a stubby kit that uses 9 series cups and collets for tight places..

they are available from many sources... here is one of them..

http://www.usaweld.com/Stubby-Gas-Le...r1711stglc.htm

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

In summery this machine was purchased used with ~ 91 hours and 21,000 arc starts. It looks a little beat up.

I have not used it enough to ensure that the arc start is working properly.

A close friend is selling this...

Should I buy his and sell mine? It is heavy and bulky but the portability issue is not really an issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchedup View Post
                                In summery this machine was purchased used with ~ 91 hours and 21,000 arc starts. It looks a little beat up.

I have not used it enough to ensure that the arc start is working properly.

A close friend is selling this...

Should I buy his and sell mine? It is heavy and bulky but the portability issue is not really an issue for me.

I would stick with the Dynasty... but to each his own...

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                                X