Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

Its about the same thing as mentioning Mr. Tig on WW....

They delete or lock the thread....
      Life is to short for cheap tools.

Comment

that was my thread and I guess they deleted it. airgas probably owns miller now. dirtbags

Comment

iT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY, SECRET HAND SHAKES, KNOWING THE RIGHT PEOPLE AND LAUGHING AT THE BIG BOSSES STUPID JOKES.

Comment

Air gas is probably one of the biggest retailer of miller products sooooo.....

After this site aborted revamping i feel the traffic went down if now they start to delete legitimate rant posts about their corporate friends we have an ethic problem.

Naively i tought they had morality.

Comment

On a number of occasions I'm aware of manufacturers have brought pressure to bear on distributors mistreating loyal customers. Maybe Miller is in bed with Airgas, I think more likely they won't make waves until their lack of action brings unfavorable attention to them.
              It is my hope Miller will see that condoning Airgas in unethical business practice is reflecting badly on Miller. Without Miller, Airgas would be less profitable. If Airgas doesn't care about customer happiness, maybe they will care about bottom line.
              I know they lost a Dynasty sale over bruising my good will.
              Dynasty 280DX
              Bobcat 250
              MM252
              Spool gun
              Twentieth Century 295
              Twentieth Century 295 AC
              Marquette spot welder
              Smith torches

Comment

I know im just a pion but im dropping my tanks off , after opening them up and draining them and don't care about the lost money. the two last transactions with hazmat charges, 1 for a saw blade and another for lease renewal thoroughly pissed me off. and when the lady at corporate hung up on me that was it. so I salute you airgas with my middle finger. i will be closing my account. I will go 8 more miles to ivey industries, which I already have an account so I will give them more business now. as far as miller goes if they deleted a thread because of business relations with airgas they are as bad a company. I guess I could get rid of my dozen plus high end machines and replace them with red. they can take their whole store of Radnor Chinese crap and stick it. if I want Chinese crap ill go to walmart
                Last edited by cayager; 05-18-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I think if enough people pushed back against the hazmat fee it would change. I would guess that most people just pay the bill...
                  MillerMatic 251
                  Maxstar 150 STH
                  Cutmaster 42
                  Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Paid my bill, new hazmat charges, shipping charges for items I picked up off the shelf. How is a stainless wire brush hazardous material? I challenged some of these charges, talked my way out of some, others remain. Stick electrodes are hazardous, sometimes they evacuate entire towns when one leaks. As are gloves. $34.92 Delivery and fuel surcharge for a single item: a wire brush for a 4" grinder. I picked it up!
                    Last edited by WillieB; 05-19-2014, 09:05 AM.
                    Dynasty 280DX
                    Bobcat 250
                    MM252
                    Spool gun
                    Twentieth Century 295
                    Twentieth Century 295 AC
                    Marquette spot welder
                    Smith torches

Comment

Reason Forum Thread Temporarily Down

This "Airgas Rant" thread was temporarily hidden for moderation due to offensive language in the original post. We do not condone offensive language on the Forums, but also understand the importance of an open conversation around welding topics that include equipment and services. In the future, we ask our members to try and use alternative word choice when discussing issues on the Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                        I think if enough people pushed back against the hazmat fee it would change. I would guess that most people just pay the bill...
                        If the hazmat fee was removed another fee would pop up somewhere else. Just like a few times I was charged a 1 day rental fee (not Airgas) & was told it's a computer glitch that everyone got. I wonder how many paid it with out looking? Just price it like it should be, whatever it is, & cut out the bs fees.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Just realized there are two threads now about this. Maybe merge them? Thank you Miller for opening the other one back up & explaining the reason.
                        Last edited by MMW; 05-20-2014, 05:43 AM.
                        MM250
                        Trailblazer 250g
                        22a feeder
                        Lincoln ac/dc 225
                        Victor O/A
                        MM200 black face
                        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
                        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
                        Arco roto-phase model M
                        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
                        Miller spectrum 875
                        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
                        Syncrowave 250
                        RCCS-14

Comment

Since I've been on this board from 2004 or 2005 or so, just an impression.

Every new admin, when they first start, cracks down on the rules.

Back in the day, when Andy(who started this board) was running things, you could almost say anything and everything.

If a member in good standing, wanted to rotate his equipment out, and buy new equipment, he or she (I'm being PC here), could do so. Quite a few members have either disposed of old equipment or upgraded (to them) with newer equipment, on this board. Today, the current admin comes on instantly, says "no advertising allowed." l will admit, Andy never allowed advertising or wholesale "for sale" posts, but he never had a problem with somebody wanting to sell something old on this board, so they could buy new.
                          Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Working...
                          X