No announcement yet.

VERY DISAPOINTED with the new trailblazer 325

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are pretty long reads. Now EVERYONE USES dielectric (silicone) grease to basically prevent corrosion of pins and such. With the exception of ribbon cables) IT dos not conduct, and that is a good thing, I don't see your reasoning NOT to use it. Posting that material is kinda pointless.
    Last edited by cruizer; 05-11-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      Those are pretty long reads. Now EVERYONE USES dielectric (silicone) grease to basically prevent corrosion of pins and such. With the exception of ribbon cables) IT dos not conduct, and that is a good thing, I don't see your reasoning NOT to use it. Posting that material is kinda pointless.
      It was not meant to be pointless. I have put dielectric grease on my connectors for some time now since I have been following you on the forum. My buddies asked me why I did this and I showed them your posts. They shot me back a few articles so I thought I would ask you about them since I have very limited experience in this area.

Comment

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/ctype.KB/...1977/KB.215/.f

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
          It was not meant to be pointless. I have put dielectric grease on my connectors for some time now since I have been following you on the forum. My buddies asked me why I did this and I showed them your posts. They shot me back a few articles so I thought I would ask you about them since I have very limited experience in this area.
          Well, just can't be bothered with reading extra long articles. Many pins in the molex connections have disimular properties. Thus they corrode, and cause resistance. Resistance causes problems to the boards. I started using dielectric on all molex fittings some 35 years ago, especially during aircraft maintenance wear corrosion is rampant. Now pulling a connector and putting it back on reseats the pins. So the component may work again, but for how long. Dielectric assures me, that the component 's pins will retain a good connection and not corrode

All the Brands use it now to help prevent board failure, and I use it during preventative maintenance.

Comment

I appreciate the explanation.
            Thanks,
            Nick

Comment

Update on 325

Well here is the update on what is going on with this fine machine......

I talked to Miller factory and after a few calls and telling them what I thought, so they did some testing, they sent me a new front board for this machine, I guess they must have thought that my board was bad?

I'm guessing they was right........

I changed it out and gave it a small try, so far it's 100 times better so far.......

Going to try and get about 5-6 hours on it over the weekend and see if it is all better

If this machine is up to my high standard then all my faith will be back in Miller's high standard of products.

Railmen
              2007 Trailblazer 302G
              2004 Invision 354MP
              1999 60 series feeder
              2005 Maxstar 200DX
              2007 CST280
              1999 HF 251-1
              older Hobart hefty wire feeder
              Hyperthrem 600
              Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
              had and sold........
              2003 XMT 304CC/CV
              1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
              1963 Lincoln SA200G
              1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
              1970's Lincoln SAE400G
              2 Maxstar's 200DX's
              1 Maxstar 200SD
              CST 280
              2 CST 250
              MM130

Railmen

Comment

Working...
              X