Spoolmate 30A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolmate 30A

I have a Miller Spoolmate 30A on my 251. I was pushing it out of the garage and the harness for the 30A got caught under the front caster wheel. It mashed & broke some of the wires . What I have to do is find a suitable connecter to do fix my screw up. I looked on Ebay and all's I found was connecters with 10 & 20 amp ratings , Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

the 10 pin connector? id imagine you could get it on miller4less. look up the manual on miller site and get the part #

Comment

Originally posted by oleblu72 View Post
      I have a Miller Spoolmate 30A on my 251. I was pushing it out of the garage and the harness for the 30A got caught under the front caster wheel. It mashed & broke some of the wires . What I have to do is find a suitable connecter to do fix my screw up. I looked on Ebay and all's I found was connecters with 10 & 20 amp ratings , Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mark
      Originally posted by cayager View Post
      the 10 pin connector? id imagine you could get it on miller4less. look up the manual on miller site and get the part #
      I agree...

If you want just the connector I believe this is the correct one..but doublecheck to be sure
      ..confirm that it is the right one before ordering

190294 [1/PK] CONN,CIRC MS/CPC 10PIN SIZE 18 PLUG PANEL PUSHIN
      http://miller4less.com/product_info....ducts_id=38922

if you want the entire control cable with connector this is probably the one

204605 [1/PK] CABLE,CONTROL 30 FT
      http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...17&search.y=10

Here is the link to the manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1213ah_mil.pdf

BTW... 30A is the model name it has NOTHING to do with the Amperage rating...
      the Spoolmatic 30A is rated at 200Amps 100% duty cycle..
      Last edited by H80N; 03-09-2014, 02:21 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thanks for the reply Cayager. I'm looking to splice into the harness with a male female connecter. I think I remember counting 5 wires, my concern is the amp rating on the connecters. I tried finding one at McMasters & carr with no luck but I'm gonna try it again I sure they would have one, thanks again.

Mark

Comment

The gauge of wire determines size and type of connector required.

Comment

Originally posted by kize View Post
            The gauge of wire determines size and type of connector required.
            You are Barking up the WRONG tree...

in this case

This is a 10 pin control connector

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Amps? 20 -30 amp. Are you guys serious, this unit uses less than "1" amp

The amphenol connector shell is a 10 pin 18 series male. There are 2 of the 10 pin inserts for this unit, best to just buy both, even I get confused on the 2

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                Amps? 20 -30 amp. Are you guys serious, this unit uses less than "1" amp

The amphenol connector shell is a 10 pin 18 series male. There are 2 of the 10 pin inserts for this unit, best to just buy both, even I get confused on the 2
                That's what I have been trying to tell them..

why don't you sell him a set..??

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                  You are Barking up the WRONG tree...

in this case

This is a 10 pin control connector
                  Barking up a wrong tree ?? I don't get your comment. I DO understand simple ohms law when it concerns wire gauge, connectors and splicing techniques. Whether it is control wire or 0 gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by kize View Post
                    Barking up a wrong tree ?? I don't get your comment. I DO understand simple ohms law when it concerns wire gauge, connectors and splicing techniques. Whether it is control wire or 0 gauge.

Miller 10 pin

The damaged connector just needs to be replaced with the same...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by H80N; 03-09-2014, 08:47 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

I guess I can't read. The original post states damaged wires- not 10 pin connector. If that was implied I stand corrected.

Comment

ill guess here and assume hes trying to repair the cable somwhere in the middle of it with some sort of connector on each half. like maybe a weatherpack automotive type connector. if you go that route, they are on ebay and i think they go up to like 10 wire. personally i hate cobbled together crap and would replace the whole cable if need be. im sure it would look great with big connector somewhere in the middle. and as cruizer said and im sure is rolling on the floor laughing, i dont think their pushing 10- 20 amps through a cable thats about the next step up from telephone cord.
                        Last edited by cayager; 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately... too many times people get confused by the Names... 15A & 30A on those model Spoolmatics and somehow assume that the "A" stands for AMPS...

Which it DOES NOT..... and it goes downhill from there... then the threads get sidetracked into all kinds of nonsensical rabbit holes..

what the heck could you possibly weld with a 30 Amp or 15 Amp spoolgun...??

Maybe the OP could post a picture or two of the damage to his 30A to help clear the confusion

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by cayager View Post
                            ill guess here and assume hes trying to repair the cable somwhere in the middle of it with some sort of connector on each half. like maybe a weatherpack automotive type connector. if you go that route, they are on ebay and i think they go up to like 10 wire. personally i hate cobbled together crap and would replace the whole cable if need be. im sure it would look great with big connector somewhere in the middle. and as cruizer said and im sure is rolling on the floor laughing, i dont think their pushing 10- 20 amps through a cable thats about the next step up from telephone cord.

Bingo that's what I'm looking to accomplish, I just want to repair the cable with a connecter. I don't want it to look like an abortion but I think a 5 pin connecter would look ok it sure is cheaper than buying the whole cable.

By the way thank you all for your time and your advice I think I'll buy one of those water proof connecters off of Ebay.

Mark

Comment

Unsure where the 5 pin connector comes into play either, cause you've got 3 wires for controller, 2 for trigger, 2 for motor and one for sense, the sense isn't used often, so you'd have 7 not 5. Never the less for these breaks, I'd either solder and shrink tube the wires or use heat shrink butt connectors for 18-20 gage. Freaking simple....

Comment

Working...
                              X