TB 302 with wire feeder troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB 302 with wire feeder troubles

Hey experts! I just got a 22a 24v wire feeder to hook up to my TB 302, but I can't figure out why it won't strike an arc, I think I may be missing a piece but am unsure..Can someone correct me?

Maybe you could tell us how you have it wired.

Comment

Plug the control cable in to the 302, turn your machine to remote CV, hook your pos cable onto the feeder drive, ground off your machine to the work piece and with the wire feed torch weld away, with gas or without depending on the application.

I don't think you hooked up the pos cable to the feeder, something about being a magic feeder

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Plug the control cable in to the 302, turn your machine to remote CV, hook your pos cable onto the feeder drive, ground off your machine to the work piece and with the wire feed torch weld away, with gas or without depending on the application.

I don't think you hooked up the pos cable to the feeder, something about being a magic feeder
        not to add to your post but also (if i remember correctly)switch the lead to the constant voltage lug on the machine. machine has a lug for constant current and constant voltage. right? unless newer machines dont do that.

Comment

True too, connect the pos off the CV post to the drive on the feeder.

Comment

Working...
          X