Blue Star 185 Stator Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Star 185 Stator Removal

I need to remove the stator on a Blue Star 185 to clean out a dirt dobber nest. What comes next after taking the 4 long bolts out from the endplate? It looks like I need to remove the center bolt that goes into the rotor shaft so that the bearing can come off with the endplate, but not certain if that bolt is left-hand or right-hand threaded and the best way to get it out...Thanks for your help. Also, is there a service manual available that would have these procedures documented?

What engine is in that welder?
    Has the motor lost spark?
    Any small engine I have ever worked on has the stator under the flywheel. This the flywheel has to be removed first.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig Miller Bluestar 2E Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Torchmate CNC table Ironworker Welder Operating engineer Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Comment

Welcome to the forum Charles76901.
      Lincoln A/C 225
      Everlast PA200

Comment

The rotor needs to be pushed off the engine, there are threads in the shaft that I think are 3/8" can't remember, so get yourself some redirod and a couple nuts

Comment

Charlie, no need to remove the rotor or its center bolt to get the stator off on the Blue Star 185. Just remove the endbell cover, pull the 4 bolts holding the stator housing to the engine adapter plate, remove the brushes and holder assembly, pry the endbell off the rotor bearing and then slide the stator housing off over the rotor.
          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL
          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Comment

Working...
          X