Generator question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator question

Hello everyone....I am new to this site and am still trying to figure it out! With that said...I have a question. I have an opportunity to purchase a Yamaha inverter EF4500iSE generator for seriously reduced price. Its basically new (well 14hours on it). The 4500 spec sheet says its rated for 33.3 amps at 120v....so would i be correct in assuming this machine could push my MM 211?

Thanks in advance to any and all who have experience in this department.

What's the specs on the 211 on 120 volt or does it have to be 240.

Comment

Sounds like you can run on 120 but it cuts your range way down . Looks like it will take 20 amps so that should work but the experts will be along.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thats a really nice generator, and will have zero problems running the 211

Comment

Oh, I agree the Yamaha 4500 is a sweet generator! It would be replacing an older Honda EB 6500. I do mostly remote construction in SE Alaska.....fly in, boat in, ect...The yamaha kind of makes me nervous because its electric start only....no pull cord....so if the battery dies it might make things a bit more difficult.

In addition to powering various saws and a compressor onsite, I am hoping the Yamaha would push the welder back at home!

Comment

Originally posted by Akwelding19 View Post
            Oh, I agree the Yamaha 4500 is a sweet generator! It would be replacing an older Honda EB 6500. I do mostly remote construction in SE Alaska.....fly in, boat in, ect...The yamaha kind of makes me nervous because its electric start only....no pull cord....so if the battery dies it might make things a bit more difficult.

In addition to powering various saws and a compressor onsite, I am hoping the Yamaha would push the welder back at home!
            The EB6500 offers 120v/240v where as the Yami only provides 120v power so there's no benefit because you can plug in to 120v receptacle at home.
            Ed Conley
            http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
            MM252
            MM211
            Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
            TA185
            Miller 125c Plasma 120v
            O/A set
            SO 2020 Bender
            You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Working...