X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pepi
    started a topic This forum will never take off

This forum will never take off

Just my 2 cents and unasked for opinion. The way or the lack of way to add photos to the post is very low, no tech. Sure it adds an attachment, but NO ONE wants to do a bunch of mouse clicks to view the projects.

Does not allow the visitor to see the complete sequence.

I am very surprised that such a great company cheeps out so bad on the most important aspect of having a forum where folks can discuss and display the welding they are doing.

What's up with that MILLER you should be ashamed of this poorly built forum ................ Just awful dose not look good on you..

I am stunned and speechless, great welders, own two mig and tig, come here to see how and what the owners do with them. Cannot stand trying to view the photos.

This is the only complaint I have ever registered about a miller product in 12 years, this is a pathetic experience.

A big FAT ZERO for effort

Greg

• 1930case
    replied
    Leave the forum alone. It works well enough.

Leave a comment:

• bkmall
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    Gee

I have been here since Nov 2003.... and this forum runs like any other forum that is powered by vBulletin software... and that is most of them.. some have more options enabled than others.. but all basicly the same....

and it has thus far served it's purpose in being a place where like minded people have exchanged experiences, knowledge and technique related to welding and fabricating..

[ATTACH]33767[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33768[/ATTACH]

Do not implement these warnings without professional supervision.. they are for demonstration purposes only... had these been actual warnings.. you would have seen a flashing light just below the hovering orb of the mother ship.....

Don't think it's vBulletin. I've seen a number of VB forums and they're much slicker than this thing. The layered navigation is also a pain the wazoo. But hey, I suppose it gets the job done.

Leave a comment:

• Packers To Super Bowl !!
    replied
    Easy pic post

:-)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Fastfingaz
    replied
    disgrutled

Hmmm ol Pepi never did come back,, but Elvis is in the house!!

Leave a comment:

• USMCPOP
    replied
    Originally posted by MMW View Post
    ... Please do not change the color or the font. Remember the last time? Also try not to make us have to relearn how to use the whole forum. Minor changes are fine but major ones for a non-tech guy is difficult.

Like I said I like it here. Thank you for being a great host.
    Yes! Do not change for change's sake. PLEASE! We don't need chartreuse text on a black background (or vice versa) or pastel accents on a dull gray background. Shock and awe are one thing, but usually done to neighboring enemy countries, not your clientele.

Leave a comment:

• FusionManiac
    replied
    Pepi, you're so funny!
    In a crazy kind of way, that is.

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    I have no pony tail.
    I shave my head (since the 1980's). Thinking about one.
    Have a fumanchu that's 7" tho.

: )

John

Leave a comment:

• USMCPOP
    replied
    JTMcC,

Yeah, we kind of know each other. Thanks for the reminder, bud.

But I wasn't funin' about the pencil neck programmers. Though I have to admit, the most frustrating one wasn't pencil-necked. He was about 5 foot 6 inches and weighed about 300+ pounds, had a four foot long pony tail. Seriously. Had a **** of a time getting him into work by 10 a.m.. But he was honest and would work until 2 a.m. if there was food around.

My second summer job when I was 17, an old guy (Shenks) on the grounds crew nicknamed me "fuzzy nuts". Didn't bother me and I always got hired back the next summer by someone who knew me. At 18, I got called into the construction supervisor's trailer one afternoon. Had to sit there and drink Ripple wine with him the rest of the day. Roll with the punches.
    Last edited by USMCPOP; 02-27-2014, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N:318009
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Probably had money in Bitcoin
    That looked like a Sucker Bet from the Get-Go....

Solidly backed by ones and zeros.....
    I'm not arguing with you but bitcoin is still viable. I don't have any and I'm not trying to defend my actions. It was just the one exchange that went down. The whole idea of crypto-currency really fascinates me. Brave new world!

Leave a comment:

• Texas113
    replied
    This forum will never take off

I would like to be able to post pictures from my I phone in the upgrade. Unfortunately my computer can't connect to my new Internet so all my posting and reading of this forum is done by phone. I love this as an app and I love Miller for providing this for all of us to enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    That looked like a Sucker Bet from the Get-Go....

Solidly backed by ones and zeros.....

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
    I give this forum 6 months, tops. It'll never last : )

J
    That Long..??

Ya Think..??

I was thinking 3.....

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    Well most days my humor is only really funny to...me. And maybe my 9 year old.

Pepi has a lot of rage. He want's to choke Bill Gates, the Miller IT team and probably several others. Everybody has their days I guess.

I give this forum 6 months, tops. It'll never last : )

J

Leave a comment:

Working...
X