This forum will never take off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum will never take off

Just my 2 cents and unasked for opinion. The way or the lack of way to add photos to the post is very low, no tech. Sure it adds an attachment, but NO ONE wants to do a bunch of mouse clicks to view the projects.

Does not allow the visitor to see the complete sequence.

I am very surprised that such a great company cheeps out so bad on the most important aspect of having a forum where folks can discuss and display the welding they are doing.

What's up with that MILLER you should be ashamed of this poorly built forum ................ Just awful dose not look good on you..

I am stunned and speechless, great welders, own two mig and tig, come here to see how and what the owners do with them. Cannot stand trying to view the photos.

This is the only complaint I have ever registered about a miller product in 12 years, this is a pathetic experience.

A big FAT ZERO for effort

Greg
    Greg

Hmmmm... I've been a member for 7 years, and don't understand your complaint. I've never had a problem posting or viewing photos, except when the site is down.

Comment

Yes it could be easier to download photos & view but it's a great forum & free to boot. Thank you Miller for hosting this & being unbiased in your moderating.

Been here for 13+ years & have no plans on leaving.
      MM250
      Trailblazer 250g
      22a feeder
      Lincoln ac/dc 225
      Victor O/A
      MM200 black face
      Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
      Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
      Arco roto-phase model M
      Vectrax 7x12 band saw
      Miller spectrum 875
      30a spoolgun w/wc-24
      Syncrowave 250
      RCCS-14

Comment

Pepi, can you give us links to places that meets your expectations ?

every time i had problems seeing attachments or vids (and never here) the solution was hidden in my own computer ...

Like welding, this forum the more you try the easyer it gets

Comment

Originally posted by pepi View Post
          Just my 2 cents and unasked for opinion. The way or the lack of way to add photos to the post is very low, no tech. Sure it adds an attachment, but NO ONE wants to do a bunch of mouse clicks to view the projects.

Does not allow the visitor to see the complete sequence.

I am very surprised that such a great company cheeps out so bad on the most important aspect of having a forum where folks can discuss and display the welding they are doing.

What's up with that MILLER you should be ashamed of this poorly built forum ................ Just awful dose not look good on you..

I am stunned and speechless, great welders, own two mig and tig, come here to see how and what the owners do with them. Cannot stand trying to view the photos.

This is the only complaint I have ever registered about a miller product in 12 years, this is a pathetic experience.

A big FAT ZERO for effort

Greg
          Goodbye

Griff

Comment

Guys he is talking about the fact that it is difficult to ad photos directly to a post so you don't have to click on an attachment. I have not figured it out yet either which is why you always have to click on my attachments & then click back to resume reading or to click on the next attachment. A minor inconvenience.

Some forums I am on have a similar issue & some make it very easy to ad photos.

I do agree that the pepi could have voiced his opinion better but it is his opinion & it doesn't bother me. He will either choose to stay or go.
            MM250
            Trailblazer 250g
            22a feeder
            Lincoln ac/dc 225
            Victor O/A
            MM200 black face
            Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
            Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
            Arco roto-phase model M
            Vectrax 7x12 band saw
            Miller spectrum 875
            30a spoolgun w/wc-24
            Syncrowave 250
            RCCS-14

Comment

To any that have issues, you are getting exactly what you are paying for.
              Pics or not I think it's just fine the way it is.

Comment

Gee

I have been here since Nov 2003.... and this forum runs like any other forum that is powered by vBulletin software... and that is most of them.. some have more options enabled than others.. but all basicly the same....

and it has thus far served it's purpose in being a place where like minded people have exchanged experiences, knowledge and technique related to welding and fabricating..

Name:  f63a835a09ba99e0e3134a0de38a3959.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  12c4fe1fa4d985df49a29fb45490c5d6.jpg
Size:  56.2 KB

Do not implement these warnings without professional supervision.. they are for demonstration purposes only... had these been actual warnings.. you would have seen a flashing light just below the hovering orb of the mother ship.....

Last edited by H80N; 02-25-2014, 11:16 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
                  Guys he is talking about the fact that it is difficult to ad photos directly to a post so you don't have to click on an attachment. I have not figured it out yet either which is why you always have to click on my attachments & then click back to resume reading or to click on the next attachment. A minor inconvenience.

Some forums I am on have a similar issue & some make it very easy to ad photos.

I do agree that the pepi could have voiced his opinion better but it is his opinion & it doesn't bother me. He will either choose to stay or go.
                  I understand his problem, however it could have been presented better. I've been a member for some time and some sites seem to be easier to view than this one, one being Shopfloortalk.com, they have a good instruction process to add photos. You still provide a great sevice, keep it going.. Thanks

Comment

This forum will never take off

If you don't like this forum STAY OFF OF IT!! That's my 2 cents

Comment

Read The PHOTO Posting FAQ....!!!

There is one terryfyingly simple option....

There is a section in the FAQ titled

"How do I add a photo to my message?"

a fella/gal could read that... and all will be revealed...

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...q_adding_photo

Maybe that would just be too darned easy though..??..

THIS FORUM RUNS OFF THE SAME vBulletin software as ALL the rest of the Forums out there....!!!.

complaining is better??..
                      Last edited by H80N; 02-25-2014, 01:29 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I don't care all that much for this system either.

Comment

Test... I turned off enhanced uploading, uploaded the pic file, then went back to the upload dialog and copied the local link and reinserted it, all to have the pic actually show. Whew!

(Check out the On/Off switch in the pic. Think they have it labeled clearly?)

Name:  d08c349d59e9d3d390b7ba102e0e9678.jpg
Size:  27.4 KB

Miller stuff:
                          Dialarc 250 (1974)
                          Syncrowave 250 (1992)
                          Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

I guess you could scroll through the pictures with photo bucket . If its not good enough for you get a job and you can b.....h about that.

Comment

I like it and have learned a lot from these guys! Thanks miller

Comment

Working...
                              X