No announcement yet.

This forum will never take off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading this I thought it was funny how thus thread took off. Well at least something is cruising right along around here!
    MillerMatic 251
    Maxstar 150 STH
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

I have to say it was pretty easy to post a pic here.

Comment

Feel free to write your own forum software and start your own forum

Comment

Originally posted by big mike View Post
          I have to say it was pretty easy to post a pic here.
          That's a picture hosted off-site. You delete the account and no one ever sees that picture again. Gone forever. Other sites will store the picture, and it can be done here. But they will not necessarily show a thumbnail pic or display it in-line which seems to be a consideration for people on dial-up internet. Hence the convoluted work-arounds to have a pic display automatically in your post.

Welding Web and Shop Floor Talk are two sites where pics are managed fairly well, I think. Hobart is a little easier than here. My 2 cents.

I worked in the info technology world for about 20 years. Silly crap like this wouldn't fly with with real-world people like welders for a moment if you could get your hands on their pencil necks. They don't do bend tests, they don't X-ray. They just delete and insert a few lines of crappy code if it blows up.
          Last edited by USMCPOP; 02-25-2014, 04:11 PM.
          Miller stuff:
          Dialarc 250 (1974)
          Syncrowave 250 (1992)
          Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post

I worked in the info technology world for about 20 years. Silly crap like this wouldn't fly with with real-world people like welders for a moment if you could get your hands on their pencil necks.
            I'm a long term pipeline welder. And I have no pencil neck. If you do get your hands on my neck, by that point you are walking dead. : )

You need to type what you really mean.

If'n you are hating the forum, then spend your time in the real world and don't worry bout it. Post's are post's, pictures are pictures, it is what it is, take it or leave it if you get all hurt about the present form.

A girlfriend might help your current situatinal stress levels. Or, a job. Both would be bestest, in my opinion.

JT
            Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

JTMcC i think USMCPOP was comparing software programmer to welders and did not need to be flamed for that. read it again sloooowwwly

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                JTMcC i think USMCPOP was comparing software programmer to welders and did not need to be flamed for that. read it again sloooowwwly
                +1..... USMCPOP is probably one of the LEAST combative critters in this zoo...

a quirky sense of humor maybe.... but combative??... I have never seen it in him..
                Last edited by H80N; 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
                  That's a picture hosted off-site. You delete the account and no one ever sees that picture again. Gone forever. Other sites will store the picture, and it can be done here. But they will not necessarily show a thumbnail pic or display it in-line which seems to be a consideration for people on dial-up internet. Hence the convoluted work-arounds to have a pic display automatically in your post.
                  The OP was yipping about posting a pic, I posted a pic......very easily too and I am a stone age computerer. I understand the part about deleting an account......nothing is forever and none of us can change that.
                  I still say he is getting what he is paying for.

Comment

Works for me.

Name:  2a07b7c26a43aad8f3bb65451c22cc5c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  27.0 KB
                    Lincoln Vantage 400
                    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™

Miller Dynasty® 350
                    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
                    Millermatic® 252
                    Syncrowave 351
                    Lincoln LN-25 Pro

Multimatic™ 200

XR-Aluma Pro Gun
                    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
                    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Comment

JT, I was grousing about programmers, not welders. I've managed a few programmers on projects and it about drove me nuts at times. Some were very good and others should have been running a cash register at WalMart.

I prefer pictures to be hosted on the forum in question and displayed in-line with the text. Not hosted on some other site like photobucket, or hosted on this site with text links you have to click to see the picture. Just a preference.

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                      ...quirky ...
                      THAT'S the nickname the used for me when I rode the short bus to school. I always thought they were calling me "Corkey".
                      Last edited by USMCPOP; 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM.
                      Miller stuff:
                      Dialarc 250 (1974)
                      Syncrowave 250 (1992)
                      Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Since our Forums have been one of the largest and most active welding discussion sites in the industry for well over a decade, and one of the only forums hosted by a welding equipment manufacturer, we feel pretty good about its chances for taking off .

We’re planning a major upgrade with some improvements and new features soon, including an improved way to upload and display photos. Please watch for announcements and details of the upgrade timing in the next few weeks.

For those of you who use social media sites, we also invite you to join our communities on Facebook and our brand new profile on Instagram, for more ways to share photos with other welders.

We always appreciate your feedback, and we hope you like the new features we’ll be rolling out soon.

Comment

The forum seems fine to me. Also have to give respect since they don't delete posts that aren't pro-Miller. I've suggested non-Miller jackets to another member and made a thread about problems that I had with Miller gloves, both of which are still up.

If posting pictures is the only problem then I'd say the forum is doing great.

Comment

Miller Welders wrote -- "We’re planning a major upgrade with some improvements and new features soon, including an improved way to upload and display photos. Please watch for announcements and details of the upgrade timing in the next few weeks."

Please do not change the color or the font. Remember the last time? Also try not to make us have to relearn how to use the whole forum. Minor changes are fine but major ones for a non-tech guy is difficult.

Like I said I like it here. Thank you for being a great host.
                            MM250
                            Trailblazer 250g
                            22a feeder
                            Lincoln ac/dc 225
                            Victor O/A
                            MM200 black face
                            Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
                            Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
                            Arco roto-phase model M
                            Vectrax 7x12 band saw
                            Miller spectrum 875
                            30a spoolgun w/wc-24
                            Syncrowave 250
                            RCCS-14

Comment

Like I said I like it here. Thank you for being a great host._MMW

+1

(edit: may be give us a like option, it'll save posts like mine) ;-)

Comment

I only read the first comment or so, Yup, This site will never take off, They are only several years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X