Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Dynasty 300DX

Hi,

I am looking for a Miller Dynasty 300DX (the last model produced)?
    Needs to be in very good condition.
    Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
    Erik

unless you find one in extremely good condition, like new. I'd be picking a different model

Comment

Dynasty 300DX

Hi,
      I was looking for a Dynasty 300DX because they are more portable than the 350's.
      I thought they were very reliable and good. I am not sure if there is a 350DX that is as portable as the 300? I have a 200DX and a 300Dx (older model with dials).
      Both are good but the 300DX does not have a pulse or some other settings.
      This is why I am looking to upgrade.
      You mentioned to only purchase one that is in very good shape; is that because they are expensive to fix or not reliable once they have been pushed hard?
      Thanks,
      Erik

Comment

The welders themselves are pretty portable... it is when you add the water cooler, cart and argon tank... they get awkward...

You may want to take a closer look at the weights of just the bare power supply..... it may give you a different perspective on portability..

here they are:

Dynasty 350DX 135lbs

Dynasty 300DX 110lbs

Dynasty 280DX 55lbs

Dynasty 200DX 48.5lbs

The current model in the top slot for portability is the Dynasty 280DX...

if that is more than you want to pay...

why not the Dynasty 200DX??... they are much more capable than the 200 amp rating suggests.. especially if you go to a Helium mix to gain more effective heat..

Somewhere here there is a thread where Shovelon welds 1/2 inch Aluminum plate with a Dynasty 200 from a few years back..

BTW... there is a Syncrowave 350... not very portable @ 695 lbs
        Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014, 07:33 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Well the 300DX is an OLD machine, parts if you can actually get them are Huge$$. I don't know how many I've sent to the bone yard, but is is MANY. That is why I said find a different machine. I would NEVER consider buying one. They are pure headache to work on.

Comment

What do you think of the new Dynasty 350's?

Comment

Originally posted by EDL View Post
              What do you think of the new Dynasty 350's?
              NEW.....??? not new... have had mine since 2008... and it is a FABULOUS Machine...!!!

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                The welders themselves are pretty portable... it is when you add the water cooler, cart and argon tank... they get awkward...

You may want to take a closer look at the weights of just the bare power supply..... it may give you a different perspective on portability..

here they are:

Dynasty 350DX 135lbs

Dynasty 300DX 110lbs

Dynasty 280DX 55lbs

Dynasty 200DX 48.5lbs

The current model in the top slot for portability is the Dynasty 280DX...

if that is more than you want to pay...

why not the Dynasty 200DX??... they are much more capable than the 200 amp rating suggests.. especially if you go to a Helium mix to gain more effective heat..

Somewhere here there is a thread where Shovelon welds 1/2 inch Aluminum plate with a Dynasty 200 from a few years back..

BTW... there is a Syncrowave 350... not very portable @ 695 lbs
                You mention a Syncrowave 350 I can live with weight, and bulk. A very nice Syncrowave with bells and whistles can be had for $2500. A Dynasty 280 is $6000. Would I be happy with the performance, or still lust after the Dynasty? The power hungry nature of the Syncrowave is a deterent, but in my case not a deal breaker.
                Dynasty 280DX
                Bobcat 250
                MM252
                Spool gun
                Twentieth Century 295
                Twentieth Century 295 AC
                Marquette spot welder
                Smith torches

Comment

Originally posted by Willie B View Post
                  You mention a Syncrowave 350 I can live with weight, and bulk. A very nice Syncrowave with bells and whistles can be had for $2500. A Dynasty 280 is $6000. Would I be happy with the performance, or still lust after the Dynasty? The power hungry nature of the Syncrowave is a deterent, but in my case not a deal breaker.
                  Once you have tried one....

The Dynasty Lust tends to grow and fester until you break down and get your own....

They have different weld characteristics....

The Sync is head and shoulders above a sinwave machine like a Dialarc or 330...

and the Dynasty is Hans Solo's "Milenium Falcon" compared to the Syncrowave as "55 Chevy"...

The Sync is a great machine... but bet you will start to save for a Dyn in short order...

"Light Speed Chewey....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

Would you buy an unused Dynasty 300 (newest model) for $5000 cooler and cart included or pay the difference and get the new Dynasty 350?

Comment

Originally posted by EDL View Post
                      Would you buy an unused Dynasty 300 (newest model) for $5000 cooler and cart included or pay the difference and get the new Dynasty 350?
                      I Did Buy The DYNASTY 350DX Tigrunner....

NO Regrets...

Dyn 300 is an old machine, old design with known service issues and NO Warrantee...

The Dyn 350 is more highlty developed with more features.. Excellent reliability history..

AND 3 year Warrantee...

Miller inverters have evolved a lot as a continual process of improvement.. with the jump from Dyn 300 to Dyn 350 being a huge leap...

BTW... have seen several Dyn 350DX Tigrunners come up used in the $4600 range..

Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

H80N,

Got any leads or links to where one of those used Dynasty 350DX's can be had in the $4600 range? All I've got to work with right now for a TIG machine is a Syncrowave 250 and I've been wanting a upgrade to a Dynasty for some time now.
                        Will Argue for Beer (any issue, either side)

Comment

Originally posted by 4956 View Post
                          H80N,

Got any leads or links to where one of those used Dynasty 350DX's can be had in the $4600 range? All I've got to work with right now for a TIG machine is a Syncrowave 250 and I've been wanting a upgrade to a Dynasty for some time now.
                          Keep your eyes on C/L, Pennysaver, Classifieds & Fleabay...
                          Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014, 11:08 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

Here is some info on why the Dynasty 350 is so highly regarded..

Here are a few more neat videos that illustrate some of the advantages and setup of the Dynasty 350... Aluminum Engine Block Welding...
                            these are with Chris Razor of Hi-Tech Welding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUr2h...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aqMknf_0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh5n9...feature=relmfu
                            Asthetics of welding with a Dynasty 350..

There are some guys that have brought sheet metal manifolds to an artform..

John Marcella is one of them... his work is just beautiful..

Here are some videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPgsXwgQkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6BVMANvW0

Here is the link to his website... lots of pics

http://marcellamanifolds.net/images/Images.html

..)
                            You might note in his videos... John Marcella uses a 24 series torch on his Dynasty 350 to get into the tight places..
                            Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014, 11:17 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Sorry H80N, I didn't watch any of the videos but I cant believe there's any thing better than my Dynasty 300, You guys are acting like its an antique when its leaps and bounds better than a Synchrowave.

I'm also surprised that Cruizer acts like its a 25 year old machine when I just bought it new a couple years ago.
                              ( Okay maybe 7 or so years but I have never had a problem with mine)

I hope Cruiser is slightly exaggerating on not being able to get parts because 7 years old is still a new machine when I hear Pipe line guys talking about the Lincolns from the 70's still being a valuable machine.

I had to go into a Ford plant this morning to weld on a Stainless steel leak test chamber, Where they use Helium to check plastic gas tanks for leaks.
                              Guess what they had ( A Synchrowave 350 )

I However used my Miller STL150 to weld it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X