Idalarc 250 ac dc welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idalarc 250 ac dc welder

I just got this old welder at work I've read they were pretty good welders . What did miller make like it in that time frame or even now. Sorry about misspelling idealarc but I can't edit the title.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kpack; 02-08-2014, 09:46 AM.

Originally posted by Kpack View Post
    I just got this old welder at work I've read they were pretty good welders . What did miller make like it in that time frame or even now. Sorry about misspelling idealarc but I can't edit the title.
    Here is the manual for your Lincoln IDEALARC 250 code 6933

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/im206.pdf

it would be about on par with a Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Last edited by H80N; 02-08-2014, 11:04 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Actually, the Dialarc 250 would be more similar to the Idealarc. The Thunderbolt is more like the basic AC or AC/DC 225.
      Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
        Actually, the Dialarc 250 would be more similar to the Idealarc. The Thunderbolt is more like the basic AC or AC/DC 225.
        What Dialarc...?? where??

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Miller made the 250 Twin and the 250 AC/DC, both with the moveable shunt crank handle on the front. These predated the Dialarc, which is a magnetic amplifier type.
          Miller stuff:
          Dialarc 250 (1974)
          Syncrowave 250 (1992)
          Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
            Miller made the 250 Twin and the 250 AC/DC, both with the moveable shunt crank handle on the front. These predated the Dialarc, which is a magnetic amplifier type.
            You are right Pop.... do not know where he got Dialarc out of Idealarc...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Those crank-handle welders are obsolete. I prefer electric start any day.
              Miller stuff:
              Dialarc 250 (1974)
              Syncrowave 250 (1992)

Comment

USMCPOP
                Those crank-handle welders are obsolete. I prefer electric start any day.

Yeah right, when they misfire they can kik you badly...

Comment

Originally posted by Kpack View Post
                  A Miller Dialarc would be the Lincoln Idealarc equivalent. Your Lincoln is a 1971 year model. Many parts still available. Very reliable welders. If you need any info or help with anything let me know.

Name:  72572c513817a18398c40ac0a8e0ddde.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  6.9 KB

Comment

Originally posted by Can You Weld This For Me? View Post
                    A Miller Dialarc would be the Lincoln Idealarc equivalent. Your Lincoln is a 1971 year model. Many parts still available. Very reliable welders. If you need any info or help with anything let me know.

Name:  72572c513817a18398c40ac0a8e0ddde.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  6.9 KB
                    ?????? the OP Never said anything about a Dialarc...??...
                    Lincoln has used the "Idealarc" tag on a huge range of machines over the years....
                    So Idealarc is pretty much a generic term .

I think Pop pretty much nailed it....

If there is any more confusion... take a look at the manual for model #6933..

the link is posted earlier in the thread..
                    Last edited by H80N; 02-08-2014, 05:38 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

You guys argue. Meanwhile, me and J.W. Jarboe are going to make money with our Lincwelders. Them fancy Idealarcs have fans and other junk I don't need.

Name:  d6b8cc4155f16b8f78c02c4de18a6c00.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  80.8 KB

P.S. I have what I think is serial # 2 of the Dialarc, made in 1974, HD726781. The serial # is one higher than the starting serial number of the oldest manual I can find, and Miller says 1974 is the start year.
                      Last edited by USMCPOP; 02-08-2014, 05:48 PM.
                      Miller stuff:
                      Dialarc 250 (1974)
                      Syncrowave 250 (1992)

Comment

You guys argue. Meanwhile, me and J.W. Jarboe are going to make money with our Lincwelders. Them fancy Idealarcs have fans and other junk I don't need.

Name:  d6b8cc4155f16b8f78c02c4de18a6c00.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  80.8 KB
                        POP
                        Didn't J.W. Jarboe ... pass away in 1959??... how do you get him to keep on working??
                        Must be strong magic...

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                          POP
                          Didn't J.W. Jarboe ... pass away in 1959??... how do you get him to keep on working??
                          Must be strong magic...
                          There are a lot of Jarboes out in that area of Kansas. I think he did a lot more on cold winter nights than welding.
                          Miller stuff:
                          Dialarc 250 (1974)
                          Syncrowave 250 (1992)

Comment

There are a lot of Jarboes out in that area of Kansas. I think he did a lot more on cold winter nights than welding.
                            LOTS MORE than I was cleared to know....

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

P.S. I have what I think is serial # 2 of the Dialarc, made in 1974, HD726781. The serial # is one higher than the starting serial number of the oldest manual I can find, and Miller says 1974 is the start year.
                              Next you are gonna claim that it was used at the factory to weld up the starter cranks on AMC Pacers... just to make us think it is REALLY valuable...

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                              X