No announcement yet.

Idalarc 250 ac dc welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This machine has been setting in a metal building I know for 10 yrs just setting. I work for the school district here in a maintaince crew. I went and asked the head ag teacher if I could see if it worked and use it in the shop. He told me yes.
    I pulled it apart blew it out and oiled the gears put a number 6 cord on it and the fan came on when I hit the switch so I went pulled some leads of another welder I burned a couple of rods everything went good now to put it to work.
    I only had a little ac machine so was kind of limited on which rods to use but I guess not any more.
    Some day I would like to have a electric welder I have a bobcat 225 so I would like to stay blue is the reason I asked.
    Last edited by Kpack; 02-08-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Kpack... We have a Dialarc 250 and a Syncrowave 250. Just had to have an old round top Idealarc 250 to even out the stable. The fan is probably the most unreliable part in there just because fans are what they are and the lube gets a bit sticky. Aside from that, all you have to worry about is grinder dust, dust bunnies, mud dauber wasps, floods, tornadoes and the like.
      Miller stuff:
      Dialarc 250 (1974)
      Syncrowave 250 (1992)
      Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Can you tell by serial number what yr it is ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kpack View Post
          Can you tell by serial number what yr it is ?
          Yes see below. Page 3 I think under the "Transformer" column.

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...of_machine.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
            ?????? the OP Never said anything about a Dialarc
            What did miller make like it in that time frame or even now.
            No, you are correct he never said Dialarc, but he asked what did Miller make like it. That's why I said the Dialarc and Idealarc would be the most comparable machines of these older transformer types.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
              Lincoln has used the "Idealarc" tag on a huge range of machines over the years....
              So Idealarc is pretty much a generic term.
              I understand what you are saying also about the Idealarc name. Lots of different shapes, sizes and processes of them.

If I couldn't find a Lincoln Idealarc 250/250 AC DC I would look for a Miller Dialarc 25 AC DC.

Comment

Looks like between 1971-72 thanks . I guess I like old stuff because I never could afford anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpack View Post
                  Looks like between 1971-72 thanks . I guess I like old stuff because I never could afford anything new.
                  Most of us started out with old stuff and cobbled together junk
                  and we were happy to get that....
                  but in time we worked our way up to much better stuff...

Bet you do too...

The old stuff is very cool too...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                  Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

My Idealarc is a 1971.

Here's a pic of a old Miller 250 AC/DC. There was also an HF version that is a wee bit taller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2262.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	516340
                    Miller stuff:
                    Dialarc 250 (1974)
                    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
                    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Working...
                    X