Extremely clean looking TIG welds???? Picture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Skool View Post
    The guy is ZT FAB & it's all mig, no pulse.
    You are right... the guy has exceptional MIG skills.. (I had to look it up)

here is a link to that thread over on WW

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...-Mig-like-Tig&
    Last edited by H80N; 02-09-2014, 09:28 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by Old Skool View Post
      The guy is ZT FAB & it's all mig, no pulse.
      It sure looks like his work. There's a 35 page "MIG like TIG" thread at weldingweb.com with other examples of his work.
      Miller stuff:
      Dialarc 250 (1974)
      Syncrowave 250 (1992)
      Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

He is on instagram. Ryancookfabricatiions on ig ain't so bad either. I guess I was right on my first instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodhand View Post
          Where did you get the photo?
          it's a tig weld. I can't tell from the pic if it's mild steel or SS. I would guess mild steel. From the color the metal has turned it seems like small pieces of SS would have warped and buckled a little. I see no signs of that from the pics.
          I can do similar welds on 1/4" SS with a 316 filler. I only have a scratch start set up though.
          SelfTaught

Comment

Originally posted by SelfTaught View Post
            it's a tig weld. I can't tell from the pic if it's mild steel or SS. I would guess mild steel. From the color the metal has turned it seems like small pieces of SS would have warped and buckled a little. I see no signs of that from the pics.
            I can do similar welds on 1/4" SS with a 316 filler. I only have a scratch start set up though.
            SelfTaught
            Guess I should have finished reading the thread before I commented.
            Awesome mig technique!

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
              pretty easy to achieve that even spacing with "Pulsed TIG" using a machine like a Dynasty with built in pulsing capability... lots of machines out there these days that can pulse.... getting pretty common.. sure beats pumping the pedal..,,,,,
              I actually just bought a pulsar for my 250DX is there a good place to begin to try and do this? Is there an actual video on showing you what to do with a pulsar does what???

Comment

Working...
              X