about ready to pull my hair out!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info

duaneb55 I am glad you chimed in.. LOL you seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to the Bobus 225g. So you are saying that the 45BH crank is the most common, is that in the Onan Powered Miller machines or common across the board? I must be honest I don't have a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket or I would spring for the 1300 rebuild kit. I am guessing that when it dropped the valve guide that is what bent my valve(s). Both guides were pretty tore up. I could set the guid back in place and wiggle it so it is WAY out.

Comment

That would be for the Miller Onan powered units. Lincoln and other equipment manufacturers used different configurations.
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Comment

fix the guides...

If money is tight, pull the engine, have a machine shop fix the guides(they likely can get the guides, and valve seat cheaper then you can, rering the engine and go, unless the bore is trashed likely a set of rings and gaskets will be it. (if your realy hurting you can do only one cylinder). The trick with working on an onan is not breaking the exhaust manifold bolts and headbolts off.
        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
        Ln25
        Miller spectrum 625
        Miller 30a spoolgun
        Wc115a
        Lincoln 210mp
        F550 imt service truck

Comment

parts & stuff

Tryagn5 - I would be looking at a complete top end rebuild. I am one of these guides that while I have it tore all apart I might as well do the bottom end because I am already there. I will not have a cobbled together machine that just nickels and dimes me to death.

Duaneb55 - Good thing I ain't running a Lincoln machine! LOL I know you have quite a bit of experience on the bobus 225g, all of the info you share with us here don't fall on deaf ears.

Comment

Working...
          X