Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help hooking up Air-Cooled TIG torch to Miller Pheonix 456!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help hooking up Air-Cooled TIG torch to Miller Pheonix 456!

I have a Weldcraft TIG torch and a Miller Pheonix 456..........how do I put the two together? Its gotta be pretty simple but I cant find any other help on the web

Thanks

Originally posted by smrode View Post
    I have a Weldcraft TIG torch and a Miller Pheonix 456..........how do I put the two together? Its gotta be pretty simple but I cant find any other help on the web

Thanks
    I hope that the torch you have is one with the built in gas valve...

because I am not seeing a gas solenoid on the Phoenix... I could be wrong..

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2213h_mil.pdf

you wll need a powerblock to connect the torch to the Phoenix

it is a 45V62 200amp for a large air cooled TIG torch that has the integral power cable built into the hose...

Pretty self explanatory... it connects to the welder power stud... one side threaded for the fitting on the torch... the other side accepts standard argon gas hose fitting that goes to regulator and gas bottle..

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?
    main_page=product_info&cPath=13_673_678_2141&produ cts_id=576

the Phoenix does have the standard 14pin connector so you could use a RFCS_14 pedal..
    (see the manual)
    Last edited by H80N; 01-30-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

What I do, is merely get myself the dinse or reg camlock connector that goes into the machine and a tig block. Then I braze the 2 together. Easy peasy.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.