Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 305 Memory programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dynasty 305 Memory programs

    350 Memory
    Hi Guys,
    I have been using my 3 week old dynasty(sweet machine)almost every day and have a problem with saving setups in the memory,if i setup the paramerters in say #2 and set the EN/EP for "same" and add all the other settings and then add another program in #3 and set EN/EP for independant and add all other settings and then go back to #2 saved program the EN/EP that was set to "same" is now changed to independent but all other settings remained the same,hope that made sense....is there something i'm supposed to do like a save button or something,i'm sure it is something i'm doing wrong.Any ideas? Thanks for your time,Dean
    Last edited by Engine Builder; 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Lincoln PT 375
    Miller Trailblazer
    Lagun 10x50 Vertical Mill
    Southbend 9x30 Lathe
    Kwik-Way Valve Grinder
    Victor O/A Set
    Delta 10" Vertical Band Saw
    45 Yrs. worth of hand tools & a couple hammers
    Custom Built Cylinder Head Flow Bench 1400 CFM

  • #2
    saved programs?

    Originally posted by Engine Builder View Post
    350 Memory
    Hi Guys,
    I have been using my 3 week old dynasty(sweet machine)almost every day and have a problem with saving setups in the memory,if i setup the paramerters in say #2 and set the EN/EP for "same" and add all the other settings and then add another program in #3 and set EN/EP for independant and add all other settings and then go back to #2 saved program the EN/EP that was set to "same" is now changed to independent but all other settings remained the same,hope that made sense....is there something i'm supposed to do like a save button or something,i'm sure it is something i'm doing wrong.Any ideas? Thanks for your time,Dean
    You need to read, step-by-step in the manual, how and what is said about entering programs, editing, saving and exiting; then practice doing the same.
    The settings are automatically saved upon exiting, but one has to actually exit that program; which you may or may not be doing.
    There's a longer learning curve to the 350 than other machines without extensive menus.

    Comment


    • #3
      So i have to close out one memory program before i go to enter the parameters in another program,i'll try it tonight and let you know.

      Thanks
      Miller Dynasty 350
      Lincoln PT 375
      Miller Trailblazer
      Lagun 10x50 Vertical Mill
      Southbend 9x30 Lathe
      Kwik-Way Valve Grinder
      Victor O/A Set
      Delta 10" Vertical Band Saw
      45 Yrs. worth of hand tools & a couple hammers
      Custom Built Cylinder Head Flow Bench 1400 CFM

      Comment


      • #4
        350 menu programming

        Originally posted by Engine Builder View Post
        So i have to close out one memory program before i go to enter the parameters in another program,i'll try it tonight and let you know.

        Thanks
        From your comment above---you need to study that manual on doing this. It can get confusing and frustrating.

        You need to have the manual by the machine and read/do, step by step what they're saying, (turn knob, press ____, press ____, etc.)
        It takes careful study at doing what they're trying to tell you to do!
        It's not user friendly, intuitive, etc. If I get screwed up, then I just
        have to calm down and muddle thru the manual's instructions.

        Lots of practice in entering and exiting the menus and the sub menus helps. There's basically an infinite number of settings one
        can make.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats what i have been doing,if i set EN/EP to same in one memory and set EN/EP in the next memory to Independent and you go back to the first memory that one will be changed to Independent but all othe settings are what they were orginally set to...EN/EP is the onlt thing that changes.
          Miller Dynasty 350
          Lincoln PT 375
          Miller Trailblazer
          Lagun 10x50 Vertical Mill
          Southbend 9x30 Lathe
          Kwik-Way Valve Grinder
          Victor O/A Set
          Delta 10" Vertical Band Saw
          45 Yrs. worth of hand tools & a couple hammers
          Custom Built Cylinder Head Flow Bench 1400 CFM

          Comment


          • #6
            need instant help

            Originally posted by Engine Builder View Post
            Thats what i have been doing,if i set EN/EP to same in one memory and set EN/EP in the next memory to Independent and you go back to the first memory that one will be changed to Independent but all othe settings are what they were orginally set to...EN/EP is the onlt thing that changes.
            owner's manual:

            section 5-1 page 39 Controls

            section 5-14 page 48 program storage locations

            section 6 page 54 advanced functions

            section 6-5 page 66 independent amplitude selection

            It's very easy to 'think' you've set something--when you actually have not.

            Getting used to setting this up, isn't going to happen by simply whining for help on a forum, it is more than a 5 minute job of learning--which many others have had to do. There's info in those 44 or so pages that will help you, short and long term.

            Comment

            Working...
            X