Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arc Armor gloves failed within 1 week

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Yup see it all the time. Kids fresh out of welding school...Bob

Then I'd say that "what you see" has very little real world relation to the professional welding world. What the goofy, stupid hacks "you see all the time" do really doesn't have much bearing, even in "new welder but I don't like burning my digits off" land.

That's about as stupid as saying "most" professional car painters turn the gun full tilt on their face after spraying the car.

Get a grip. "yup" as you say.

J

Comment

Rather than battling each other...

my question would be... have you spoken to anybody at Miller about this??

would think they would want to be made aware of a potential defective product situation and address or correct it...

just my 2cents worth..

Comment

Easy answer

Originally posted by xmt304 View Post
        I wonder where they were made?
        In a place where none of us speak the language but where our overlords make tons of money by importing garbage.

Men and women out of work in this country by the millions and we still allow importation of utter junk on which to waste the little money that does manage to trickle down on our unprotected heads. Is there something wrong in this picture? I'll tell you how to improve welding gloves and a million other products in this country. Charge a tax of $1,000 per ton on every single thing imported across our borders. If that doesn't halt the tide of rubbish that we wade hip-deep in at least it will pay off the national debt, and put Wal Mart out of business - another step in the right direction.

Comment

H80N
          Rather than battling each other...

my question would be... have you spoken to anybody at Miller about this??

would think they would want to be made aware of a potential defective product situation and address or correct it...

just my 2cents worth..
          Why would I waste my time telling Miller something they should already have known and figured out? At this point I've already wasted my time and money when it comes to these gloves. Spending more of my time doing the quality assurance for Miller (quality assurance that they should have already done) so they can continue to make money on a sub standard product isn't something I am going to do. I'll do my part in informing them by walking away and spending my money on gloves that aren't sub standard. Anyway they probably have some one that reviews these forum posts and they'll figure it out that way. If they don't, well, they figure it out when the sale of these gloves takes a nose dive.

Comment

For any of you who experience performance issues with our Arc Armor® gloves, or any Miller product, you should first contact the Distributor location where you purchased the product, or call our Service line on 866-931-9731.

We produce a high number of welding gloves, and while a certain percentage of manufacturer defects are inevitable, our overall defect rates are low. We did not discontinue the gloves due to any quality issue. We enhanced our offering of safety apparel as part of our commitment to continuously improving product styles and designs.

For any other questions or concerns, please contact us at forum@millerwelds.com or the Service line above.

Comment

Miller Welders
              For any of you who experience performance issues with our Arc Armor® gloves, or any Miller product, you should first contact the Distributor location where you purchased the product, or call our Service line on 866-931-9731.

We produce a high number of welding gloves, and while a certain percentage of manufacturer defects are inevitable, our overall defect rates are low. We did not discontinue the gloves due to any quality issue. We enhanced our offering of safety apparel as part of our commitment to continuously improving product styles and designs.

For any other questions or concerns, please contact us at forum@millerwelds.com or the Service line above.
              Well as far as I am concerned the "over all defect rate" with those particular gloves ISN'T low. It's 100%, I bought two pair and each had the lining rip out really fast and it wasn't because of me. Those particular gloves are the worst stick welding gloves I ever had. I won't be buying anymore no matter what the "over all defect rate" is.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.