Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the capacitors

Originally posted by NHTIG View Post
    Check the capacitors..which I am sure is your next step.......
    OK, thanks to some great troubleshooting tips from NHTIG, I've found out I've got a failed high frequency capacitor. He told me how to isolate the bad one so we could still use our machine, at somewhat decreased capacity, until I can get the new parts in there. I'm just going to replace them both. Seems like it's probably time. Many thanks to NHTIG. He's got my vote of confidence!

Comment

Glad you got it figured out...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by hunamongyou View Post
        OK, thanks to some great troubleshooting tips from NHTIG, I've found out I've got a failed high frequency capacitor. He told me how to isolate the bad one so we could still use our machine, at somewhat decreased capacity, until I can get the new parts in there. I'm just going to replace them both. Seems like it's probably time. Many thanks to NHTIG. He's got my vote of confidence!
        No problem, we are all here to help when we can. Thanks for coming back in here and letting people who have been trying to help know what the outcome was. Now when someone else is troubleshooting a similar problem they will know what the outcome was. All who have been trying to help here appreciate knowing what the problem turned out to be.

Comment

how can you check the HF capacitance

Comment

Checking the capacitance of the high voltage capacitors is an exercise in futility. The capacitance can be fine at the couple volts the tester puts through it, yet turn into essentially a direct short at a kilovolt as it arcs internally. High voltage RF capacitors are so cheap, they should be replaced at the first sign of trouble.

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
            Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
            "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
            "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
            "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

Working...
            X