Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobcat 250 with Miller Extreme 12vs suitcase

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 250 with Miller Extreme 12vs suitcase

I am using a Bobcat 250 and Miller 12vs suitcase with inner shield. I know I need to run DCEN CV and I can set the switch on the suitcase to CV. When I put the Bobcat into DC- mode, does it automatically run CV (to match the CV on the suitcase?). If not, can someone please tell me how to set the Bobcat on CV mode? Thank you. (Welding on carbon steel 3/8" structural staircase parts in the field).

I'm willing to say you're not right on your machine set up and it would depend on which generation Bobcat 250 you have as to the exact arrangement you're looking for. However, the DC- and DC+ mode settings are for stick/TIG (CC).

Got a unit SN?

Comment

Do you have the 12VS connected to the negative terminal (Ground) of the Bobcat? Your work clamp will come off the positive terminal. That's the way I use it on my Trailblazer.

Comment

I had a problem running my suitcase with my TB325 after running it on my TB302 the day before. called miller and got some unbelievable good info from the guys at miller. so if you have a new 250 the way your leads are coiled may be your problem.

Comment

What I do...

I use a 12vs on a Bobcat225 with Esab coreshield 11 near daily. I have the bobcat set on V (not sure if the 250 has this). The +terminal is connected to the suitcase and the negative to the vs lead and ground. I find it a treat to weld with, hope this helps.

If you don't have a volt option maybe yours is not a CCCV unit? Might need to consult the manual.

Nick
          Last edited by Nick Walkley; 01-27-2014, 01:15 AM. Reason: Error

Comment

On mine I set it to Wire + or Wire -, this is the CV setting. Pos cable to wire feeder, neg cable to ground and VS cable to ground clamp.

Comment

you want the electrode negative. so - to suitcase + to work piece. it will wweld the other way but not smooth.

Comment

dial has to be in blue shaded wire - and ground clamp on positive. all your connections must be clean including where you put your ground. take grinder and clean that spot. if you dont, the larger wires such as .068, .072 will not produce a good weld. dont ask how i know this

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.