Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered my new Miller!! Woot Woot!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The $45 is just the yearly lease on the bottle. Doesn't matter what size bottle, it's the same price. Then you just pay for the gas every time you swap it out. It would make sense though to have a back up like you say, but I sure wouldn't pay $45 each for two bottles every year. It's not a lot of money but it would quickly approach the cost of buying your own bottles and not paying the lease. There's another place in town that fills bottles I believe. I'll check and see what inspections they require and such.

Comment

Hydro test is 13 bucks and needed once every 10 years (before the next fill - you can let it go forever if you never need it refilled).

My last 336cf tank was $280 full of Argon (buying the tank outright). Anyone pushing a "service plan" on my tanks promptly loses all my business. It's happened to two vendors so far.

Rentals are for people who have short term needs. There's tanks still in service from WW2 - they don't just "wear out."

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.